Swapping Jetta update...

Since this is primarily your partner's car, what does she want?

Does she prefer the blue S with a very minor paint blemish or would she prefer to move up to a white SE?

I doubt she cares about that paint blemish, I know I wouldn't. But she might love that color or be really interested in some of the options on the SE. I think you should let her decide what to do.

Last edited:
Since this is primarily your partner's car, what does she want?

Does she prefer the blue S with a very minor paint blemish or would she prefer to move up to a white SE?

I doubt she cares about that paint blemish, I know I wouldn't. But she might love that color or be really interested in some of the options on the SE. I think you should let her decide what to do.

She's always wanted heated seats (yes even in FL), and she wants her sunglasses holder back! For some reason VW got rid of it on the S trim, so she is missing that. We are both undecided.

Yep. The only thing that bothers me about the SE model is the sunroof. I worry about leaks and exploding sunroofs. Maybe the scale of those issues is very small. I wish we could just find another base S model with driver assistance but no luck. All the 2020 models have sold.
I’m not a fan of sunroofs either, but I never had an issue with my previous 3 vehicles that had them (300 had the panoramic sunroof) and my mom never had an issue with hers on her Caliber despite the cat using the gasket as a scratching post and tearing it up.

So they're only offering this deal on this one car only? I see quite a few white 2020 SEs on their website with $5000 already off MSRP... what's up with that?

You're not going to be happy either way and you'd better go over that white one with a microscope if you go that way. Find your best choice in their inventory, push hard for it and maybe accept less $ off to be happy?

At some point a guy has to say- It's. Just. A. ($20,000) Car. and get on with life.😎

So they're only offering this deal on this one car only? I see quite a few white 2020 SEs on their website with $5000 already off MSRP... what's up with that?

You're not going to be happy either way and you'd better go over that white one with a microscope if you go that way. Find your best choice in their inventory, push hard for it and maybe accept $4000 off?
Yes, I asked about other colors and he said that "this is the one we will offer $5000 off on". I am looking at another dealer an hour away with a larger inventory. I'm going to call them in the morning and see what they may be able to do for me. The VW offer is good at any VW dealer.

Does it have to be with this dealer?

My aunt wanted a red 13' VW Beetle TDI but her preferred dealer didn't have one in stock. One in a neighboring town did so within about 90 minutes they got the car and sold it to her.

Does it have to be with this dealer?

My aunt wanted a red 13' VW Beetle TDI but her preferred dealer didn't have one in stock. One in a neighboring town did so within about 90 minutes they got the car and sold it to her.
It can be at any VW dealer, which is why I am now looking at the stock on a dealer about an hour away. They have a few more color options, going to give them a call this morning to see if they would be willing to work with me on pricing.

Your 2014 needed 1000s in repairs so you bought a new one. That one had a paint defect so you bought a new one.

Not sure who is really making out on this relationship..... JMO

Glad you got this resolved.

It can be at any VW dealer, which is why I am now looking at the stock on a dealer about an hour away. They have a few more color options, going to give them a call this morning to see if they would be willing to work with me on pricing.
Best of luck with the search, I hope you and your wife find one that you both like.

I'm sorry, but a discount on a new car in a color you don't want vs. a repaint of the roof, the one panel that can really be "off" and not notice it? I'd keep what you have.

Of the new features you mentioned, the only one that really jumps out is the leatherette seats with heat. So get a Katzkin interior with heaters installed. $1k and you've got better quality leather and heat. XM? Just install an aftermarket head unit. Keyless? Easily added.

Make what you have yours. That's what I say.
I'd rather have OEM VW V-Tex and integrated OEM seat heaters than aftermarket covers and heaters. Both are higher quality.

An aftermarket head unit would look VERY out of place, perform poorly comparatively, and not be nearly as feature-rich as the OEM unit.

OEM-level integrated keyless entry is NOT easily added. Do you propose he carry around two key fobs? Do you know what is involved in adding keyless-access door handles or push-button start on a VW that was not originally equipped with the system?

It's just not realistic, full-stop. It's almost like you're talking about things you're completely ignorant of.

I'd rather have OEM VW V-Tex and integrated OEM seat heaters than aftermarket covers and heaters. Both are higher quality.

An aftermarket head unit would look VERY out of place, perform poorly comparatively, and not be nearly as feature-rich as the OEM unit.

OEM-level integrated keyless entry is NOT easily added. Do you propose he carry around two key fobs? Do you know what is involved in adding keyless-access door handles or push-button start on a VW that was not originally equipped with the system?

It's just not realistic, full-stop. It's almost like you're talking about things you're completely ignorant of.
Ok then

I just don't get the dealerships insistence on the white. Jettas are dime a dozen at my dealership
I bought a left over 2019 SE in March of this year for just under 18k and it is the platinum grey metallic. I love the seats and the infotainment unit too. No way I'd swap for an aftermarket unit.
Id go elsewhere and get the color you want. If a roof blemish repaint on the color you wanted is no good, i cant see how a color you don't like is any improvement 🤔

if the dealer is only offering the 'deal' on 1 car in their stock that would be because it's likely an 'overage' unit that they have extra incentive to move. When I was in the business you had to be careful of overage units having what we called 'lot rot' (scuffs, dings, scratches, etc.)
No big deal to the average buyer but soul crushing to the extra finicky buyer.

You're not going to be happy either way and you'd better go over that white one with a microscope if you go that way. Find your best choice in their inventory, push hard for it and maybe accept less $ off to be happy?

At some point a guy has to say- It's. Just. A. ($20,000) Car. and get on with life.😎
Just $20,000 is a lot to some people.

Just $20,000 is a lot to some people.
The point being because of the OP's- "way of looking at things" this has already gone past the point of the vast majority of time most would want to "invest" in it.

I got a a feeling the OP is going to come back at all of us and say he decided to keep the existing car he has. Then it will be "another one of those threads".................

The point being because of the OP's- "way of looking at things" this has already gone past the point of the vast majority of time most would want to "invest" in it.

I got a a feeling the OP is going to come back at all of us and say he decided to keep the existing car he has. Then it will be "another one of those threads".................
Well you would be wrong.

Here she is boys...

Attachments

• 30712C94-0622-4E34-8261-2318B30CCD41.jpeg
    30712C94-0622-4E34-8261-2318B30CCD41.jpeg
    304.8 KB · Views: 77
  • FC7DB234-4C22-4F69-9FF8-59BD7BA5773C.jpeg
    FC7DB234-4C22-4F69-9FF8-59BD7BA5773C.jpeg
    118.4 KB · Views: 75
Nice car-
Make sure you come on here and provide an image when you get your first rock chip on the hood or parking lot ding-I'm looking forward to the entertainment now that this journey has been completed.

Nice car-
Make sure you come on here and provide an image when you get your first rock chip on the hood or parking lot ding-I'm looking forward to the entertainment now that this journey has been completed.
I’ll just send you a pm.

Back