What are your thoughts on White Castle?

I enjoy this guys YT channel, and just watched this interesting episode on White Castle:

Simple as can be: for those of you who've had the pleasure of enjoying the delight of a White Castle burger, do you agree that it's an underrated player in the fast food sector? I know I do. I believe many among us here will admit to having a personal story which somehow involved a White Castle. I know I do!

Hoping to have a light hearted discussion here, so let's keep the "fast food is the devil" and "how can you eat that" stuff for another time.

It got me through many nights when I was called into work overnight to fix a problem. There was a store on my drive in, about a mile away from the office. They were the only place open at all hours.

The wrappers in my cubicle's garbage can were a tip-off for people who were unable to find me in the morning. If my cube was empty and the can had White Castle wrappers in it, the person knew that I was called-in and would be in later in the morning. :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: JC1
I've never eaten at White Castle but I had the frozen burgers and thought they were good. In Florida we had Crystals hamburger when I was young. Little bitty hamburgers on biscuit size buns with a sautéed onion soup type of dressing. They were delicious.

I love the taste of White Castle burgers. They are unique. But, I always pay the price a few hours down the road. For that reason I only indulge about once a year when that crave hits me : )

One opened here a little while ago, I need to check it out and see that all the hype is about. Everyone keeps talking about Whataburger too but I haven't made it there either...so the likelihood I'll end up trying WC is about zero :ROFLMAO:

One opened here a little while ago, I need to check it out and see that all the hype is about. Everyone keeps talking about Whataburger too but I haven't made it there either...so the likelihood I'll end up trying WC is about zero :ROFLMAO:
Honestly, I don't understand what Whataburger craze is all about, and same with WC, and same with In-and-Out. I'd take Smashburger over any of them any day.

Waterburger is overrated in my opinion. Not bad, but not great either.

Cook Out really needs to be in more places. It's really one of NC's greatest accomplishments.

They have their place when you're in the mood for it.

Love how they soak the buns in the hamburger grease on the flat top also

White Castle trivia: up until 2015, they also made professional lawn fertilizer spreaders.

I was introduced to WhiteCastles (by the bag-full) when they cost about 10 cents each. It's their cult appeal and childhood memories that lures me in about once a year.

Back