Karma Kruiser!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by fdcg27
There is no reason that I can see for people to camp in the left lane.
These people are either passive-aggressive or are merely unused to the norms of limited access highway driving.

In my experience, about 10% are passive-aggressive amateur police busybodies trying to keep others from "speeding." I once heard a funny term for these people but can't remember it. Real police departments have occasionally tried this strategy, but found it creates congestion and actually increases accidents.

The other 90% are just obliviots in the left lane for their own convenience or unconsciously lemming along with someone in the next lane.

Originally Posted by MrMoody

In my experience, about 10% are passive-aggressive amateur police busybodies trying to keep others from "speeding." I once heard a funny term for these people but can't remember it. Real police departments have occasionally tried this strategy, but found it creates congestion and actually increases accidents.

The other 90% are just obliviots in the left lane for their own convenience or unconsciously lemming along with someone in the next lane.

I agree, except that I'd estimate the percentage of passive-aggressives to much higher than a mere 10%. . .

Also, and this is purely unproven theory, I think there's a cultural thing going on. Notice how many people refer to the left lane as the "fast lane". In some sense, it is, but more accurately, it is the passing lane. I suspect some of the "obliviots" fancy themselves as "fast lane people" who somehow own a greater stake in the "fast lane" than the rest of do. Or maybe this is just me condescending at people whose necks I'd like to throttle, but can't
wink.gif

Perhaps we should blame the Eagles, for romancing, "Life in the Fast Lane..."
crazy.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ekpolk
I agree, except that I'd estimate the percentage of passive-aggressives to much higher than a mere 10%. . .
I think it varies greatly by local culture. I don't see that many here, but there sure are a lot of lemmings who like to ride along with the pack.

I love watching other people get pulled over, for any infraction.

I keep to the right lane whenever I can and obey the rules...its not that hard to do and I never have to worry about getting a ticket.

Originally Posted by Smokescreen
. . .
I keep to the right lane whenever I can and obey the rules...its not that hard to do and I never have to worry about getting a ticket.
Funny how that works, isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back