Couple of Driver Behaviours

I’m from Iowa. The only bad drivers have MN or Southern State license plates…….
When I first moved to Phila., when I saw DE or VA tags, I backed right off as the road rage element was there. The level of aggression and seemingly disregard was something I wasn't used to. I don't think I do that anymore as I'm used to it and cannot say if there is any difference in 2023 with any particular state. Seems like the major difference is 2023 is a free for all, when 1999 was not. Must be a great time to be in the windshield and front window tinting business.

While towing my travel trailer, line of traffic entering from the right. I get into the middle lane to give them plenty of room to enter. I'm past them, I signal to get back into the right lane, and I'm seeing a whole bunch of of folks coming from behind me into the right lane just because they are in a huge hurry. Never mind that the left lane is wide open and they could easily pass on the left while my right signal is on. Gee, did it ever occur to you that maybe I'd be only too happy to get out of your way, but since I can't see you directly behind me that suddenly passing me on the right isn't such a good idea when my intention to get into the right lane is obvious?
That's why I don't change lanes when towing , to accommodate those merging.
Every unnecessary lane change has risk. When you move in the center lane to let cars merge , they frequently accelerate up beside you or pass on the right.
Then traffic stacks up and soon you can't get back over and you have traffic passing you on both sides. Dangerous. I don't switch lanes every 2 miles to let those merge. In a car sure i do, but not towing. They can either accelerate and come out in front or merge behind me.

The most annoying thing is those people who try and pass you while you're changing lanes followed by those who don't know how a 4 way stop works. People here will stop at an empty intersection and wait for a car coming from another direction to stop and go again before they go. Just go at empty intersections people

Back