What are your favorite aircraft . Fantasizing which would we like to own ?

How about the B58 Hustler ?
300px-B-58_(modified).jpg

Slightly more realistic would be a Lear 55
300px-Learjet_55_(2323440048).jpg

If I took up flying, an Aero Subaru or a Cessna 172. I wonder if Saab made civilian planes besides the 340?

But fantasy if I won Powerball? It’ll have to be a G650, or formerly commercial 777. The former would be much more practical to live with.

For a number of years, my job had me flying around California quite a bit, and most often I was flying into small, local airports or using various landing strips. Therefore, a lot of flying was done in small planes, mostly Cessnas. I had pilots in various parts of the state, and there was one fellow in Trinity County who had a Stearman, and he took me up in it for a few local trips in Trinity, Shasta, and Mendocino Counties. I fell in love with flying in those open cockpit machines, and whenever the opportunity presented itself I'd opt for a bi-plane over a small closed-cockpit plane.

Stearman.jpg

I have always liked the looks of the Ryan Navion. It was envisioned as a civilian aircraft for the Post WW2 era that would appeal to many because of its durability, docile flying characteristics, practicality, plus it looks good as well.
My favorites are the 747 and the 777 for airliners and Military style the P51 Mustang and the C131. I must add A Heuy would be the cats meow. What are yours?

Last edited:
1656259638855.jpg

I`d like to have one of these like this guy has. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited by a moderator:
F-15E
- I spent a lot of time drooling over these when I was in the USAF

B-2
- I know, good luck getting my hands on one of these! I have a little bit of operational experience with this platform and in a very literal sense it never ceased to amaze me. I'm glad that Roy Lee Ermey, of blessed memory, got to go up in one of these near the end of his life.

A-10
- One of my best friends from my hometown got to be a USAF pilot of one of these flying tanks and I have always been incredibly envious. One of the best aircraft ever created, period.

Back