Who here owns a plane?

I'd love to have an Area L-39 Albatross. Probably the closest a layperson could get to a fighter jet aside from those in the 8+ figure range. I wouldn't even contemplate such an expense under $10M.

$400k. I can't imagine how much maintenance on a jet engine would be though.

View attachment 153641

This guy Dave Riggs was a client of mine.

I flew an L-39 dogfight scenario, and a few other flight with this guy before I figured out who he really was and stopped associating with him outside of work.

Then I learned he was basically an aviation criminal after the fact, and was unsurprised as I'd witnessed live his foolish antics.
Then he killed an innocent passenger along with himself in China.

Dave Riggs was an interesting mix of actual experience combined with charlatanism.

Does it have to be a whole airplane to count?

If so, then no I don't have a plane.

If you'll accept a paramotor, as close enough to being a plane...yes ai have a plane.

Last weekend. So smoky from the forest fires burning.
IMG_3407.jpeg

Not that I would ever have the coin for it, but years ago I interviewed at a company with several divisions that made different products including consumer products. For the consumer products, employees could buy first and then get a rebate, which allowed the employee to shop around. But they also owned an aircraft company. The prospective employee packet had a price list for employee purchase of several light aircraft. I think the lowest priced plane was more than 7x of what would have been my annual (pretax) salary.

I understand used aircraft are usually much cheaper.

Back