What are your favorite aircraft . Fantasizing which would we like to own ?

My favorites are the 747 and the 777 for airliners and Military style the P51 Mustang and the C131. I must add A Heuy would be the cats meow. What are yours?

a-10-thunderbolt-ii_009.jpg

I saw an article on the BD-5 in Popular Science when I was in high school. Cruising speed of 190 mph and 38 mpg. I've wanted one ever since. This was in the Udvar-Hazy Center next to Dulles. The only way I would get in one now would be with a copious amount of grease and an oversized shoehorn.

_7081965.JPG

I think an Air Tractor would be fun. I would also like a helicopter. I don't know why but I would rather try to fly a helicopter than a plane.

WPOD, correct you are....just need to remember which power pedal to push......and while I am wishing I would also need to have my own oil well to feed that thirsty Turbomeca engine.
The anti torque pedals work the proper way, right being right and left being left. The collective being up is up.

The A-10 seems to be right up there with the "fun to fly" criteria and has forever been a favorite of mine.

But from a practical standpoint, I'd probably pick a PC-21. 1600HP, better than 300Kts cruise, 8G certified, great roll rate, fast climb.

France_buys_additional_Pilatus_PC21.jpg

Last edited:
Back