What are you eating right now?

Getting my daily serving of beans in
20240526_111342.jpg

I just had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for lunch today.

Pool party and smoker running at Daughter's house today.
They are dropping off some pulled pork later. :)

Dinner will be a boneless leg of lamb with sides of fingerling potatoes and Brussels sprouts.
Wine is a nice Beaujolais Nouveau.
Finally saw a lamb leg at a decent price so buying it was a no-brainer.

I'll have a salad topped with sliced steak in a short while.

Edit: Near Realtime live feeding

Plain white yogurt with homemade blueberry fruit spread. The fruit spread is made by simmering blueberries for 20 minutes until they thicken up. No sugar added.

Tomorrow I'll be eating like a diabetic: fast food, bread, pizza rolls, and a friggen glazed donut with extra sprinkles! Gotta use my coupons! ;)

Last edited:
Saw this yesterday at the grocery store and I had to try it. The flavor is pretty intense. The only way I can describe it, it's similar to the cinnamon challenge, only you do about 1/4 tsp all at once.

20240525_191353.jpg

I was hoping it would be a bit more subtle, so that you could at least taste the cracker.

Daughter brought pulled pork as promised. It was delicious on an onion bun. :D

I had given them my rib-rub recipe and they made a big batch for the pork.
Guess the pork was a big hit at the pool party.

Saw this yesterday at the grocery store and I had to try it. The flavor is pretty intense. The only way I can describe it, it's similar to the cinnamon challenge, only you do about 1/4 tsp all at once.

View attachment 221522

I was hoping it would be a bit more subtle, so that you could at least taste the cracker.
Is that just a seasoning that you sprinkle on crackers?
Never heard of it before. Or are the crackers in the package and already seasoned?

Daughter smoked brisket today. She also heard from a friend at work, smoked beets are great.
She threw a couple softball size beets in there too, and said they were delicious!

My luck was they ate all the beets before she brought over brisket. :mad:

I have mainly just smoked meats. Ever hear of smoking beets?

I was double blessed with food today. Neighbor brought a potato/meat/veggie casserole while I was napping!

Back