What are you doing to prep to get ready for the November election? In case of a SHTF situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m surely ready with a huge stash of motor oil
(and food, water, paper goods, power gens) 😷

I am not sure if its due to closing and opening of meat packing plants, but my local Walmart has no cans or cases of Alpo dog food. Been going a month. Maybe 6 weeks ago they had one end cap filled with cans of Alpo and another with cases. Two weeks latter not a one.

So maybe I will stockpile some Pedigree dog food since its close to Alpo.

(For the record I expect my dogs to get the bulk of their nutrition from Blue Buffalo dry dog food. The canned is just a treat to encourage them to eat the dry).

And Hot Pockets! I was craving a 4 cheese Hot Pocket on my lunch break the other day and I swear no store anywhere near me has them in stock!

I just plan to roll with it... I'm sure it can always get worse but it's already been quite the ride.

We already did start "stocking" things more than we did before--not 10 years supply but before, we might wait until almost the end of a package before buying more--now, if we only have 1 left on the shelf, and it's in the store, we're buying one (maybe two) more. [Although the wife now will buy anything that appears to be running low at the store just in case that's the next thing to be missing for a while.]

W/o getting political, if we go "down in flames" because peaceful transition of power doesn't occur... I dunno, I might just finally lose hope for mankind. Any further thoughts on the subject would be near-political so I'll leave it there.

Winter isn't far off, so I'll just stock a bit more than I usually & keep going to work--err, working from home, this new normal is still a bit odd.

Walmart seems to be out of Alpo dog food. They had cases and cases on the end caps about 6 weeks ago and then 2 weeks latter, not a can to be found. Is there a shortage of dog food now?

Walmart seems to be out of Alpo dog food. They had cases and cases on the end caps about 6 weeks ago and then 2 weeks latter, not a can to be found. Is there a shortage of dog food now?
Has anything not had a shortage? Bit of a joke lately, wife will come home after shopping and inform me of what's new on the can't have list.

Anyone following prices for lumber? I swear, before the crisis I could get framing 2x4x8 for like $2 each, now they are like $6. Maybe I'm remembering wrong (maybe it was $3 per) but I do think framing lumber took a price jump.

Did anyone watch the debate the other night? The moderator was a joke. It was not a debate at all. He wouldn’t let them debate. All he did was interrupt the candidates.
You're right, it was not a debate at all. They were arguing, embarrassing themselves and the whole country in the process.

That wasn't Chris Wallace's fault but at least he was trying unsuccessfully to get them to act civil.

I expect and demand a peaceful transition of power. Its critical for us as a country and for us as a leader in the world in democracy to show that no matter how screwed up or divided we have fair elections and a peaceful transition of power.

Wonderful ideals (and share them myself) but I doubt this time

You're right, it was not a debate at all. They were arguing, embarrassing themselves and the whole country in the process.

That wasn't Chris Wallace's fault but at least he was trying unsuccessfully to get them to act civil.

Who's fault do you think it was? It is no secret where his loyalties lie ( no pun intended) and he made his bias known in numerous ways. He didn't try to maintain anything- he instigated some of it.

Nothing. I am always prepared for whatever may come. Storms, earthquake, and even uprisings.

The 45-45-10 principal applies here. 45% will cheer the victor, 45% will wail and gnash their teeth and the other 10% have no idea what’s going on as they are oblivious to the world around them. Those are the ones to keep an eye on.

Been trying to buy paper towels at Costco for 2 weeks with no luck. Manager said people are hoarding them. What for??

Tylenol, I figure these headaches will continue for some time :)

(No politics please)

What are you stocking up on?

Are you preparing for power outages with solar or anything else ? Harbor Freight has a solar kit for $200 that can be set up in your back yard easily in less than an hour .

Do you have a plan for your family like if you children don't live close to you?

How about practicing with your spouse and children at home to keep safe at home?

How about vehicles if we can't buy gas for a while? Ever thought of an electric golf cart or side by side like an electric Polaris Ranger that can be solar charged (at least for local use)?

Found the same at Costco last week.

At Sam's Club yesterday, no shortage of paper towels.

Now Costco had more TP than they knew what to do with. Perhaps their computers have not been keeping up with demand...

Been trying to buy paper towels at Costco for 2 weeks with no luck. Manager said people are hoarding them. What for??

I don't know, probably the two old guys having the argument? Why does the finger need to be pointed anywhere else?

Very simple, its the difference between a legitimate debate on the substance with an unbiased referee and a deliberately fixed game clearly putting one side in a circular defense.

In other words when the stove is set too high, it should be no surprise when the pot of water boils

I didn't watch or listen to it. I had a doctor visit yesterday and he said it was like watching those two guys in the nursing home argue...

I don't know, probably the two old guys having the argument? Why does the finger need to be pointed anywhere else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back