What are you doing right now?

returning the ATT cable tv equipment; no more cable tv for time being
We cut off our Directv recently. They kept going up and that crap was costing us $140 a month!! And we would honestly go weeks without even having the TV on. I'm going to buy one of those ONN outside TV antennas from Walmart to see if they work. Having the local channels to watch would be nice. Even just for the occasional background noise.

We cut off our Directv recently. They kept going up and that crap was costing us $140 a month!! And we would honestly go weeks without even having the TV on. I'm going to buy one of those ONN outside TV antennas from Walmart to see if they work. Having the local channels to watch would be nice. Even just for the occasional background noise.
I see for someone that sits in the front of TV to pay such a bill but if you use it 1-2hrs a day, its a rip off; we are paying currently $287 for a bundle and that is including 10% or 20% off I forgot honestly; now that discount expires so we needed to do something about it; those local channels are worthwhile if you can get them via air antenna; in our case we're living in area that is currently in expansion and that antenna needs to be up on the windows somewhere in order to get a good signal; so yes we're are on the mission to explore our options right now, like I've said it is a pending activity

Every day, I do some lung exercises as a daily routine. Today is chili outside 31F to do any work on the garage.

So it will be just a Lazy Dog Kind of day for me.

I see for someone that sits in the front of TV to pay such a bill but if you use it 1-2hrs a day, its a rip off; we are paying currently $287 for a bundle and that is including 10% or 20% off I forgot honestly; now that discount expires so we needed to do something about it; those local channels are worthwhile if you can get them via air antenna; in our case we're living in area that is currently in expansion and that antenna needs to be up on the windows somewhere in order to get a good signal; so yes we're are on the mission to explore our options right now, like I've said it is a pending activity
I have SUDDENLINK cable and internet. I have a DVR with 301 channels. I also have the STARZ movie package. My internet speed is 25 Mbps, which is all I really need. I pay $101.54 a month. It went up from $97.97 in January. My 1st increase in over 3 years.

9C2DB2E6-C6B8-401B-881F-E611E482395C.jpeg
4531D87F-3F48-42B1-B812-1A041668F7C9.jpeg

Making guacamole 🥑. And then getting ready to go to the store to pick up some fish to bake for dinner.

Do you work for a dealership? If you do, and don't mind me asking, do you get paid flat rate like Ford techs do?
I did work for a Toyota dealership but had to leave with some other techs because of a customer complaint of the recent events that involved us. I now work for an independent shop and do road service for the same shop as well. I get paid flat rate and did at the dealership too.

I did work for a Toyota dealership but had to leave with some other techs because of a customer complaint of the recent events that involved us. I now work for an independent shop and do road service for the same shop as well. I get paid flat rate and did at the dealership too.
I have a few Ford tech friends back in FL. that get paid flat rate. They each had stories where flat rate came back and burned them. One of them was always volunteering for a 2004-2008 F150 heater core R&R job. I think he said it pays 8.5-10 hours, but he could do it in 3. That's an easy $$$$ job!

Fired up the quad, aired up the tire and plowed snow. Made some nice wind rows to clean up with the snowblower. Now just st the dentist as my 12 year old is having a consult with the orthodontist.

Fired up the quad, aired up the tire and plowed snow. Made some nice wind rows to clean up with the snowblower. Now just st the dentist as my 12 year old is having a consult with the orthodontist.
It was in the upper 70's, lower 80's this weekend. I had my a/c t-stat set at 74 F* staying cool.
Today, it's 53 F* with a real feel of 49 F*. The heater will be running tonight. My HVAC system is so confused. 🙃

I have a few Ford tech friends back in FL. that get paid flat rate. They each had stories where flat rate came back and burned them. One of them was always volunteering for a 2004-2008 F150 heater core R&R job. I think he said it pays 8.5-10 hours, but he could do it in 3. That's an easy $$$$ job!
Oh yeah that is a good way to survive on Flat Rate. What sucks is when a simple job goes south and it takes way longer than it should.

Back