What are you doing right now?

Just got back from Walmart now I’m finally getting a chance to relax. My legs hurt like they always do after a long day of working. Tonight I had to put fuel injectors in a 1989 Nissan Maxima and since they don’t make exact ones anymore I had to hard wire ones in with a similar design.

Our riding around. Hardly anyone out today I guess everyone got everything before the big snow storm we were supposed to get hit but it got about 1/2 inch.

EF03C086-F40E-48AB-B478-CC39D2E96BD1.jpeg

Attempting to organize my closet of “automotive consumables“ and detailing chemicals.

Eating breakfast. Then I have to find my dielectric grease so I can put my lights in my truck when they come in. If I can’t find it I’ll have to buy more or use something else I guess.

Skippy, I do that often. Even after a leisurely 40km drive, I need to sit. I work a lot of garbage night shifts and thats the best time.

Today it continues to warm up. Should be high negative single digits. Going to do some sledding and then bbq some Nagano pork chops.

Young self biting me in the buttocks again. Did an aftermarket stereo install on a 2001 Toyota Tundra long time ago and installed this fat cable lug onto of the positive battery terminal running down to a fuse block. Used a lead positive battery terminal with a big enough post to hold 3 lugs but never bothered to put a terminal cover to prevent accidental shorts. After shorting the positive terminal couple times today (from inserting the dipstick and checking some ignition coils) I put a proper terminal on, changed out the lug and cable and installed a boot cover.

Also tested battery with my pulse shooter battery tester. 725CCA @ 12.5v not bad for an almost 4 year old battery.

IMG_0054.JPG

IMG_0055.JPG

After work I took the kids on another ten mile burn on the sleds. Visited some friends and then made it back before it was too dark. As I made it to the home quarter the ghost began to bog slightly. Usually this is caused by my ten year old bumping the kill switch.

Well we made it just into the yard and it began to bog bad to the point where it died. Quick pull of the rear plug and she had spark and the plugs weren't fouled.

We towed it back to the shed with the Evinrude using my old extension cord recovery strap. Has fuel to the pump. Used a can of fuel and direct primed it down the carb mouth. Got it to run and parked it. Started to clear itself a bit. Looks like it needs another carb clean.
20210221_184420.jpg

Back