What are you doing right now?

I’m looking at TV deals for Black Friday. Hoping to find a decent smart tv with say a $200 budget not too big and not too small. Reason is I’d like to get a tv for my room because me and mom can’t watch tv when dad is home so I’m going to buy Apple TV. And to get cable in my room is an extra like $200 a month for a box and remote I don’t need that expense. I have a really old 2010 tv in my room not smart tv though. So searching deals. I’m not bias against any brand would prefer to stay far away from Samsung though just my experience with their electronics hasn’t been good.

I’m looking at TV deals for Black Friday. Hoping to find a decent smart tv with say a $200 budget not too big and not too small. Reason is I’d like to get a tv for my room because me and mom can’t watch tv when dad is home so I’m going to buy Apple TV. And to get cable in my room is an extra like $200 a month for a box and remote I don’t need that expense. I have a really old 2010 tv in my room not smart tv though. So searching deals. I’m not bias against any brand would prefer to stay far away from Samsung though just my experience with their electronics hasn’t been good.

Smart TV's with Roku are easy to use. Walmart has a ONN 43" smart Roku TV for $98. They also have a TCL 55" smart Roku TV for $188

Smart TV's with Roku are easy to use. Walmart has a ONN 43" smart Roku TV for $98. They also have a TCL 55" smart Roku TV for $188
I think my Roku sticks are outdated lol. I’d have to buy more. I never could figure out how to use that back in the day. If it’s one of those do you have to do Roku with it?

I think my Roku sticks are outdated lol. I’d have to buy more. I never could figure out how to use that back in the day. If it’s one of those do you have to do Roku with it?

I just bought a non-smart 40" TV a week ago at Buy for $114.00. It fit in a space and needed to have certain exterior dimensions. It had three HDMI ports. I hooked up a ROKU to one and now it's a "smart TV". New Rokus are on Sale at Walmart for Black Friday for like $17.00 that are probably good enough.

Roku is the most simplistic streaming device. It looks dated but gets the job done.
Streaming sticks work great, but you still screw around with 2 remotes vs only 1 if you use a smart TV's built in streaming.

Reading some comics. This one really gets it.

1700787662117.jpeg

Just doing some early Black Friday shopping so don’t have to worry about something not being available when I get there. Bought me a smart tv for my room. My circa like 2010 or 07 or whatever tv doesn’t work anymore it’s a Dynex I bought a TCL which is the second best rated according to everything online. Got the 43inch for $176. And got my niece and nephews their Christmas presents. Picking up tomorrow at my local Walmart. My parents helped me measure my old one which was 32 but I think the 43 will be fine in the spot I have. It’s a Roku tv so probably going to use that and possibly look into the Apple stuff too. I have no clue how any of it works. I’ll figure it out though I’ve got technology friends lol. I wish Apple actually had physical TVs. We have never owned the TCL brand before. It was TCL, Onn, Vizio or Phillips or Samsung. The Samsung was refurbished for more. No thanks on that. Vizio ranked slightly over the TCL but the TCL says the image quality is better and the Vizio was sold out. Man I’m excited lol.

Just chilling. Getting ready to go do Black Friday shopping in store and then pick up my tv later. We have been riding around for a bit. Looks like my dealership service department is the only one open today lol. Good thing I took off. Pointless to work on a single day after Thanksgiving that people are still traveling and everything like that. After this we will probably either head to another store or go on a nice long drive.

Well went to Walmart curbside to pick my tv up. They canceled it after we sat there for an hour. So I was a little irritated. Went inside with dad and we politely talked with the manager over the internet stuff. And she was really nice. Some irate customer came in and demanded they get the tv that I already paid for. So they gave in because the customer was causing a scene. She said they tried to substitute one for my order but it rejected it for the price difference it would have been a Hisense which is a brand I’m not familiar with but I’d have accepted it as long as they didn’t bill me for the extra. So we asked if there would be any compensation towards a new tv. She said sure since you have been really nice unlike most customers today. She came back with a $50 gift card. So now I’ve got a beautiful 50 inch tv sitting in my room instead of 43. Still a TCL Roku tv. Managed to get it only $10 more than the 43 would have been. So I’m happy.

Splitting more chestnut oak, then showering. Going back to mom and stepdads for steak on Weber propane grill and more smoked Turkey hreast. Filet mignon for me and stepbrother and his son. Ribeye for mom and stepdad. Local butcher 20 minutes away black angus meat. 😍😍

Charging a car battery (err, the charger is doing the work, I'm doing other things). Caulked the shower. Looking at a power strip, wondering if I want to remove the MOV's--more like, how do I get into this cheapo item, it's buried and not so easy to remove (might leave alone, the wiring looks like it might have the required fuse, and it is a metal encased strip).

Thinking about when dinner is going to be (second Thanksgiving? plenty of leftovers!).

At Walmart for the third time today. I’m just ready to go home so I can open my package and set up my new tv. I don’t understand why my parents want to go to every Walmart in town for. I understand it’s Black Friday but each of us have spent a significant amount already. I’m done but here they go with buggy fulls of stuff.

We made a trip to Walmart today, mostly to get some Epsom salt and a car battery. Wasn't that busy, TBH. Hit that and HF up. No big buys though (other than the car battery). Right now I'm trying to look for Black Friday deals online; finding naught. Well, all sorts of stuff on sale, just nothing I want/need/that anyone in the family needs nor wants. Trying to start my Christmas shopping early for once!

Enjoying a fine red wine otherwise, while surfing the web, while waiting for that battery to finish charging (need to see if I have a bigger charger, this 2A one takes forever).

Watching SpongeBob SquarePants on Roku TV. While I wait on my parents to get up and around. I love this new TV 📺 such a clear crisp image. Glad I ended up with the bigger one. Excited to see the other shows available too.

Back