What are you doing right now?

If you are staring in the dark or at lights your eyes aren't closed. People don't sleep with their eyes open and don't go to sleep that way either. And if you didn't do it for at least 5 weeks in a row then you didn't actually try it. It takes at least 5 weeks to form a new habit, a bit longer for some. And that's a studied and proven fact as well. In bed at 10:58-11:02 seven nights a week, up at 06:28-06:32 seven mornings a week, eyes closed every minute asleep or not, no exceptions, and after 5 weeks it will be a habit and very likely sleeping almost all of it due to it now being your physical habit. If so, much better sleep pattern and the health benefits that go with it. If not, you confirmed you're one of the strange few who don't adapt physical habits. And maybe get written up in the next study.
Exercise and liver function. Pure and simple.

He needs to actually exercise, vigorously, at a time of day that suits his body type. Usually AM or mid Afternoon. "Work" can be exercise if you are a logger, a mechanic, not so much.

He needs to cut out the sugar, simple carbs, caffeine after 10AM and alcohol. I say also drink lemon water and ACV water.

Of course he will not do these things. But he has been told.

Reactions: LDB
Exercise and liver function. Pure and simple.

He needs to actually exercise, vigorously, at a time of day that suits his body type. Usually AM or mid Afternoon. "Work" can be exercise if you are a logger, a mechanic, not so much.

He needs to cut out the sugar, simple carbs, caffeine after 10AM and alcohol. I say also drink lemon water and ACV water.

Of course he will not do these things. But he has been told.
Yes, I have ADHD and have been a night owl since as long as I can remember. I'm not a morning person, never have been, even when I've forced my schedule to align with that for work. I'm more alert, articulate and productive late at night, which, generally often aligns well with my work, since I can't be upgrading firmware or making config changes during the day.

What I do know however is that if I exercise a few hours after dinner, like jogging or fast walking the dog, I go to sleep quicker, and sleep better. A physically exhaustive day (lots of walking) also achieves this, per your point.

So, even though my body and mind don't like that schedule, this can be overcome through exercise.

Day 2 of 3 of job suspension. Dropped a diesel engine (Int'l DT466) while operating a forklift unloading a flatbed truck.
A worn out engine core reduced to scrap metal since it fell hard on the back of the engine breaking off chunks off the bellhousing mount.

Getting ready to go to lunch. And listening to country music. Food Lion 4th day in a row. I go because I have the rewards card out of the group so that gives discounts to everyone if something is on sale. I don’t buy anything except maybe a soda or occasionally a sandwich. Tomorrow hope it’s the Chinese buffet.

Going to Kroger to pick up dad’s medicine. Then going to eat. Also trying to convince my 35 phone number friend that it’s bad to dip he started dipping today. I’m trying to think of a way to help him. He will listen to me but not his parents or any other adults.

Just got mouse #3

Sneaky bugger
We have two cats who live in garage or outside (pet door) as they please. No pests can make it across this yard alive! Both adopted us 14 years ago. In their prime, they used to present their kills to us by leaving them at the doors. Even dead squirrels were found there. I would have liked to seen that confrontation! Cat vs squirrel. I have seen one of them beat down a dog. LoL Funny fight.

Messing around with FreeCAD, trying to figure out how to use it, about to give up, I've had enough for now.

Was trying to figure out if I wanted to get a video card for my Linux Mint machine, kinda gave up, I don't want to spend more than $20, but I am dubious that anything in that class will do what I want (look ok on a 4k monitor). Might look again later, but I'm guessing dual 1920x1080's will be just fine for what I'd like to do (basic CAD work).

Might do some LinkedIn Learning before calling it a night. Haven't been sleeping well lately, turning in early would be good.

Now that it’s finally the weekend I’m relaxing for a few minutes before we go out to eat. And eating some cookies and drinking half and half. We bought some organic chocolate milk and man it’s bad lol. It taste like pasta salad. So taking that back later lol. I’m no pasta salad guy that ruined my appetite for chocolate milk for tonight. Only reason we got the organic is because they were sold out of everything else. Hopefully I can talk pops into Chinese food tonight too. We had Chipotle last night my second favorite restaurant so Chinese tonight hopefully.

Signed up for both Linux Mint and KiCAD forums. Printed off the KiCAD manual (for some light reading) earlier today, hole punched that and put into a binder (why I don't know, I have literally 5 LCD's staring at me right now). Got my Linux machine to talk to my 4k monitor but am feeling old... squint too much. :( Turns out, my work laptop (Windows) drives it fine at 150% but Mint only does 100% or 200%, not between--not without being slow. :( OTOH KiCAD looks great on it! [I have a 27" 4k monitor, and I sit like 18" from it normally. If I scoot in to about 12" I can read it without my glasses, and it's awesome, 'cept that's a bit ridiculous...]

Wrapping up the evening I think, might try some 40m CW before turning in.

Watching SpongeBob SquarePants. The best kids show ever. I always felt bad for kids who couldn’t watch it. My coworker got me back into it. I purchased season 3 and 4 on disk so far. Need to get the rest. My main reason for purchasing season 3 is for the banned episode that they can’t play on tv anymore or streaming services. But I’ll still watch all of them. Hopefully they put the new seasons on disk. I keep seeing streaming services advertising but I have no clue how they work and I prefer cable it’s easier to navigate from what I’ve seen. But SpongeBob never gets old.

Setting up aftermarket coaxial speaker mounts for the rear channel on a 01 Toyota Tundra. The aftermarket game has really stepped up in the last decade from having to create MDF custom baffles to vehicle specific spacers for odd OEM speaker setups.

Planning to revise the decade old setup with Polk Audio DB6502 components for the front channel, DB652 coaxials for the rear channel, and a Rockford Fosgate Power T600-4 4 channel amp to push big power to these speakers. Subwoofer channel is a JL Audio Stealthbox powered by a RF 325w amp (not sure on exact specs but the sub setup stays the same.) Currently have DB6501's installed in the front which are starting to cut out and is being powered by a RF Power T400-2 2ch amp, no speakers installed on rear channels.

These speakers mount on the access cab rear door that point down at an angle hence the oddball baffle spacer setup. Impossible to do with MDF, which I wanted to do a decade ago but don't have the woodworking capabilities to build a baffle like this.
IMG_E0267.JPG
IMG_E0268.JPG

A lot of this stuff is not drop in and go. Custom stuff takes hours to plan and days to build. Unpaid time off give me this time lol.

Last edited:
Setting up aftermarket coaxial speaker mounts for the rear channel on a 01 Toyota Tundra. The aftermarket game has really stepped up in the last decade from having to create MDF custom baffles to vehicle specific spacers for odd OEM speaker setups.

Planning to revise the decade old setup with Polk Audio DB6502 components for the front channel, DB652 coaxials for the rear channel, and a Rockford Fosgate Power T600-4 4 channel amp to push big power to these speakers. Subwoofer channel is a JL Audio Stealthbox powered by a RF 325w amp (not sure on exact specs but the sub setup stays the same.) Currently have DB6501's installed in the front which are starting to cut out and is being powered by a RF Power T400-2 2ch amp, no speakers installed on rear channels.

These speakers mount on the access cab rear door that point down at an angle hence the oddball baffle spacer setup. Impossible to do with MDF, which I wanted to do a decade ago but don't have the woodworking capabilities to build a baffle like this.
View attachment 189099View attachment 189100

A lot of this stuff is not drop in and go. Custom stuff takes hours to plan and days to build. Unpaid time off give me this time lol.
If you’re going through this much already, why not jump on the SI sale & pick up a 6.5”-8” woofer & do a pillar mounted tweeter or mid/tweeter combo (3-way).

Thinking now, you probably don’t have a dsp so just keeping it simple is best.

Just left Target. We needed to go to Lowe’s or Home Depot for dad to get some squirrel repellent but both of them started closing at 9. We showed up at 9:25 to both and both closed. They are right across from each other. How ridiculous. I’m so tired of stuff closing early. I like going later because there is less people. They both had signs up saying they began closing at 9 beginning of the month. Dad is angrily driving to Walmart now to see if he can find something he needs there. This is definitely not the world I grew up in for more than one way but in this way the way of everything closing early. Heck we even used to have 24 hour auto parts stores here. Those days are long gone though. I guess everyone does online shopping now. Personally I can’t stand it. I guess my generation is lame too and wants all this online stuff and doesn’t go hang out late at night places anymore. Oh well. Now I guess we will go to Walmart for the 4th night in a row. I’m so bored of this place. I’ll look at the Christmas stuff though.

Just riding around town. Looking for a place to eat. Excited I’ve only got three days at work this week Monday- Wednesday. Supposed to work Friday but we are going to see my dad’s side of the family so I told them I’m not coming in that day PTO for me. We have 5 people off that day. It’s probably going to be slow anyway. It’s pointless to work that day. I’m having my friend pick up my bonus money and he will deliver it to me. I’ve done it for him plenty of times. I’m looking forward to 4 Thanksgiving celebrations this year lol.

Back