What are you doing right now?

Just getting out of work now. Had to stay late because everyone hauled tail and someone had a comeback because they forgot to put the o-ring on the oil filter housing so I had to fix that and clean it up. When that lube tech heard it was coming back he hauled tail and said he had somewhere to be. I was so mad but overtime is nice. Just don’t want it on Friday lol.

Had to stay late because everyone hauled tail and someone had a comeback because they forgot to put the o-ring on the oil filter housing so I had to fix that and clean it up.
Sounds like Mr. Someone needs to be docked some pay or fired. :rolleyes: Lucky the dealership wasn't paying for a smoked engine.

Sounds like Mr. Someone needs to be docked some pay or fired. :rolleyes: Lucky the dealership wasn't paying for a smoked engine.
That’s true. At the very least be buying me lunch for the next week. He seen it pull back in pouring oil and hit the clock out button and ran off. He is a very cocky type person. Thinks he is better than everyone etc. But all the lube techs seem to have that attitude. That car was a mess I spent more time cleaning it than I did fixing it.

Olive Garden flatbed truck pallet jack inside delivery. Bad part is the delivery tunnel reeks of poo. Pumping in eau du toilette makes it smell like eww like toilet. Worst part is no food.
IMG_0264e.jpg

We just got home from cruising around and eating. The roads are unusually dead for a Friday night. Hardly anyone is out and every place is empty too. Strange. Must be a football night or something since people go crazy over that lol. The restaurant we went too was dead. Just really strange feeling for a Friday night.

Olive Garden flatbed truck pallet jack inside delivery. Bad part is the delivery tunnel reeks of poo. Pumping in eau du toilette makes it smell like eww like toilet. Worst part is no food.
View attachment 187828
Took a train Kankakee to Chicago to Denver. Got off in Union Station in Chicago to switch rains and was greeted by he smell of poo. Welcome to Chicago they say!

Walking the dog. It’s a little chilly here today. Supposed to be 59 degrees today and 58 tomorrow. I bought some new shirts at Walmart but they are long sleeve whoops but I didn’t see that first. I’m keeping them I just hate long sleeves unless it’s flannel because the heat in the car burns me up. Finally glad to wear something other than a work uniform though so I can rock my blue jeans and cap of my choice unlike at work.

Made the weekly run to the transfer station. Finishing the second cup of coffee. Thinking about if I want to go hiking, too cold to go biking (for me) as it's only going to be mid 30's F today. Might do some leaf raking instead, did not get that finished last weekend; most of the snow we got this week melted off.

Contemplating a ham radio antenna install, but have not liked the places where I could put in, nor the work to do so (burying radials, ugh).

Would like to go pick up the piles of sticks that the wife has been piling up in the woods, but last weekend I measured the incline I have to drive up, and it looks around 22 degrees? 20 inches rise over 48 inches run. Sure feels steeper. The 4 wheeler can go up by itself but with I pull my 4x8 utility trailer... it takes a running start, and with a couple hundred pounds in the trailer, it was a bit of a pucker ride coming down (not quite sideways).

Watching the series WW2 in HD on the History Channel....Then I will watch the movie...The Longest Day and the Battle of the Bulge...
Those are well made , pretty accurate films. Well with as much as they could squeeze into the time.
Another great one that is likely one of my favorite WWII stories (not too accurate though) is the John Wayne / Kirk Douglas film In Harm's Way about life of some (civilians and military folks) on Hawaii during and after Pearl Harbor.

Reactions: hrv
Photo reminds me of when I was unloading produce trucks at 4 AM for Publix Supermarket.
Just imagine how many of us across the country started our introduction into the "hourly worker" part time jobs in grocery stores of the day or to gas stations as well. Gas was .49 cents a gallon when I was pumping it. I was extatic when one of several part time jobs offered me $1 an hour, LoL Then the other day someone speaking of this reminded me the very first industrial plant site job was $3.35 an hour! Amazing how the costs / pay ...... everything has been and will likely just keep going up up up and away!

Reading up on SS bend points, while having a coffee and taking a break from raking leaves.

Getting ready to go to the auto parts store to drop off oil as dad wants me to change the oil in his truck. I hate changing the oil in that thing it’s too hard to pour in. But I do it cause we don’t let anyone else work on it and it’s $600 for a service at the dealer.

Waiting out the rain so I can go back outside and finish up with changing the power steering gearbox on my brother's truck. It's been leaking for a long time so it's a huge mess to work on. I gave it an engine degreaser treatment to start and that hardly did a thing so I stole a can of oven cleaner from his wife and gave that a go but that was barely an improvement. What a dirty job.

Just left Walmart. Had to get a new headlight for mom’s car and a new wallet for me and some lunch stuff. They are the only place that sells White House brand apple sauce besides Food Lion. Mott’s is meh. Had to get a new wallet my other one is circa 2018 or 19 and is coming apart at the stitching. I can’t see spending big money for a piece of leather that goes in my back pocket. If I get 4-5 years out of a wallet that’s good enough for me. I had to get one with more card slots anyway with all my rewards cards. My other one is overflowing with all my cash and cards lol. I like the George Costanza wallets. I hate a slim wallet because it’s not comfortable to sit on like the big one. Time to get some Chinese food hopefully. Especially since I’ve worked on dad’s truck the last two days.

Back