What are you doing right now?

I’m leaving K&W not a huge fan of the restaurant but any food I don’t have to pay for is good lol. Time to go work on my truck and get that alternator on and change the oil in my Escape. Slacked yesterday so have to be working man today. Alternator looks simple of course I say that then it will be complicated lol. Going to get a soda on the way home. Maybe make other stops too depending on what pops does. Supposed to go to AutoZone or some store and get my friend a socket set he already paid me for it. He lives way out in the sticks so no stores by him and closed by the time he gets off work.

Reading more and more about D.B. Cooper. I turned one of my other friends onto it now who has already researched much further than me lol. On another forum some members gave me their theories which were cool. So if anyone here has a theory I’d love to hear it. I never thought something would interest me more lol. Honestly kinda gives you a weird feeling reading about it at night. Lol. I have a 50/50 on what happened him. Part of me wants to say he lived and part of me wants to say he didn’t live. We will probably never know for sure. My dad says he hit the ground and got eaten by a bear with the money and the money that was found was lost in the jump and his parachute was eaten as well. But I don’t know that a bear or multiple would be out during the cold November. Of course I respect his theory though and he could be absolutely right. But also what bear is going to eat a parachute or a bag of cash?

I’m sure at least one member here will be telling me I need to read my book instead. I have been here and there. Usually get interrupted while trying to do so sometimes get to come back to it sometimes not. Plan to finish it.

Enjoying lunch break now. Day off for November 24th is approved so I’m really happy. They didn’t want to approve it but I’m like look family time is time I value more than anything. And in two and a half years of working here I’ve taken 2 weeks and two days off all planned and scheduled. We are doing Thanksgiving with my dad’s side of the family that day and it’s about 125 miles away so no coming in to work the morning or anything. It was funny cause right after I put in my request on Friday another kid did and he got denied because now their is 5 people off that day. We are the only shop around that’s open I think it’s kinda stupid because it’s always extremely slow that day to the point where they lose more money being open than being closed. Last year I took the Monday off afterwards just for the heck of it but this year I have to have it off. To be fair my family didn’t ask if we were all off they assumed because they are that we were too, so it’s kinda on my family but my work understands that. That’s the most popular day asked off so I understand why they didn’t want to approve it at first. They told the people with a non important reason no lol. Back to enjoying lunch break with my Italian sub and roast beef sandwich.

A bit more organized now. Interim step one really

IMG_6319.jpeg
IMG_6318.jpeg

I’m just eating dinner. Spaghetti unfortunately lol. Can’t believe no one has posted in this thread since Monday. Wonder why it’s not more popular lol. I’ve been busy so haven’t gotten a chance too. Been studying DB Cooper. My parents think I’m crazy lol. And I’ve turned like 5 of my friends onto it. They say we are going to solve it I say we aren’t but it’s fun to research in my opinion there will never be a for sure as to who it was, it’s very possible that we aren’t even looking at the right people it could of been some unknown someone but whoever it was got away with it. Also gives me weird dreams about DB Cooper stealing my truck and then bringing it back with loads of cash but I lose all the cash because they catch him lol 😂. Can’t talk to dad about it tonight though as he is bored of it and is also going off over his taxes so I’m staying as far away as possible he almost hit me in the head when he threw the salt shaker and he is mad over the fact I sold my car so now we don’t have an extra running one. I told him he didn’t drive it anyway so why is he worried about it.

Can’t talk to dad about it tonight though as he is bored of it and is also going off over his taxes so I’m staying as far away as possible he almost hit me in the head when he threw the salt shaker ...
Good thing his tooth isn't going nuts at the same time or the house could be destroyed and people in the emergency room. 😂

Good thing his tooth isn't going nuts at the same time or the house could be destroyed and people in the emergency room. 😂
Lol me and mom talked him into having that pulled out and he is glad he did. No more pain for the tooth but still anger over small things lol. Got to improve that next.

I'm reseasoning a couple of my small cast iron skillets, an 8-inch one and a 6-inch one. They've just been cleaned and oiled and are now baking in the countertop oven at 425 degrees.
What am I doing? Wife sleeping so.....
Remembering some fine times after reading many of these interesting post n comments.
So now story time or maybe "delete/ignore" but here goes. :oops:

I used to cook (another past hobby) at large festivals , parties and weddings, enter cooking contests. Got paid to cook at the annual company picnics for years at the plant site in giant cast iron pots over propane burner set ups that we made there.
I used either 35 or 55 gallon drums to make my set ups. I would drill out a spot to connect hard pipe with hose connection to outside end to enter the sides to supply the gas to the burners. I also cut/torched the tops out so the pots could sit right into the opening with 1" to 3" sticking out. Also drilled about 4 to 6 tiny holes about 12" from the bottom for air to help the burners work. A 2" hole to see flame. Also installed propane BBQ set ignitors to make it easy to light or relight burners if flames ever blew out.
These drum/burner set ups were used to cook using 10 / 15 / 30 gallon black iron pots. I would clean (never use soap) them after cooking with a pressure washer and then boil them out. After the boil, heat up with burners to dry 100% and then on cool down I would soak / wipe them down inside and out with olive oil for storage. The cool down would allow the black iron to suck the oil in and put a good coat for storage with zero rust. I would also fold up some newspaper inside the pots to catch any moisture during storage. Stored them sealed up with the home made aluminum covers to prevent dust , dirt , bugs or any mositure that may form (never did really).
For seasoning my pots I did two to three ways.
1) Small pots got the curing you are doing inside an oven coated in olive oil (reason never used veg oil is it turns rancid over time where olive oil will not). That would cause you a mess to clean before cooking in one. The other methods were kinda fun and outdoors.
2) Build a wood fire and build it up to where wood and fire are to the top of the pot and also burn the inside out with wood until glowing hot. Remove from fire , empty. Blow out with a blower , wipe down with clean rags and soak in olive oil for cool down.
Favorite method was this one:
3) Build fire or use burner but keep pot above heat set up as if cooking. Put a large tub of lard inside to melt down. Once boiling toss in a match and the oil lights off! Surprised me the first time doing it. Use board or boat paddle to slosh the burning oil all over the inside. Turn off fire. Remove the pot from fire and turn it over. Pour and wipe (yes-again) more olive oil all over the outside of pot , flip it and wipe out inside with olive oil before cool down.
OMG..... LOL - Olive oil!!!! Yeah, I have Italian in me along with Cajun Acadian French , German so I learned this stuff from both sides of my family. We joke that we are Itajuns! The Italians from Sicily came to USA (1940s-WWII) and the French / Cajun Acadians , German from Canada in the 1770s. Those old family men I watched as a teen in the 60s cooked in the black iron pots over wood fires since most folks did not have any propane or gas burners. One wedding I cooked at the people supplied the pot , a giant 50 gallon round bottom so big we had to move it around with a fork lift and chainfall. That was one to remember as I was panic sweating bullets it would come out ok as it was the largest amount of jambalaya/rice I had ever cooked. I had forty pounds of rice in that pot with about 30 pounds of meats n 10-15 pounds of chopped seasonings. Served about 250 folks, maybe more. I had some pots that are near 100 years old. I have given all to my youngest son who was a professional executive chef before giving it up to become a teacher so he could spend more time with his young children.

Laying in bed. Talking to my friends lol. It’s past midnight I should really get in the bed but the neighbors friend who bought my car is outside beating and sawing on something. Building something. Not a big deal just the night time is supposed to be peaceful lol.

Laying in bed. Talking to my friends lol. It’s past midnight I should really get in the bed but the neighbors friend who bought my car is outside beating and sawing on something. Building something. Not a big deal just the night time is supposed to be peaceful lol.
I have insomnia so it takes me till around midnight about every other night to fall asleep. So I scan and read all kind of current and older BITOG posts when tired of Tv like now. Get some sleep if you on the time clock tomorrow. Dangerous to work without enough sleep I can tell you from experience.

Reading more and more about D.B. Cooper. I turned one of my other friends onto it now who has already researched much further than me lol. On another forum some members gave me their theories which were cool. So if anyone here has a theory I’d love to hear it. I never thought something would interest me more lol. Honestly kinda gives you a weird feeling reading about it at night. Lol. I have a 50/50 on what happened him. Part of me wants to say he lived and part of me wants to say he didn’t live. We will probably never know for sure. My dad says he hit the ground and got eaten by a bear with the money and the money that was found was lost in the jump and his parachute was eaten as well. But I don’t know that a bear or multiple would be out during the cold November. Of course I respect his theory though and he could be absolutely right. But also what bear is going to eat a parachute or a bag of cash?

I’m sure at least one member here will be telling me I need to read my book instead. I have been here and there. Usually get interrupted while trying to do so sometimes get to come back to it sometimes not. Plan to finish it.
I have read and seen so many documentaries on the DB Cooper hijacking over the years. I was 15? when it happened and recall the breaking news flashes reporting it live on Tv. I have to guess the FBI got real close to an ID of the ex military man I am almost certain it had to be. BUT I feel he is dead and lost in some wooded acres in the mountians where he was pushed by the jet wash and unexpected speed he jumped at into a storm he did not plan for. I say DB Cooper did not spend a nickle of the money he got away with. Maybe its still in a sack attatched to his dried out bones in some remote section of wilderness?

Cleaning here and there while the wife is cooking. It's a fine line.. she doesn't like me doing anything while she's working and she doesn't wanting me setting around either 😂 married life. Threw away some boxes which see said how are we going to sell it without the box you said anything we can buy we can also sell... To which I replied too bad I didn't pay a dowry then... 😂 Don't worry she laughed but she was also sharpening a knife so..
Happy wife= happy life. I heard a good comment about man and woman!
Something like : Behind every great guy is his woman rolling her eyes! LoL

Just got done doing the windshields in and out on both cars. RainX for the final outside, almost got the bottle used up. I have some Grot's repellant too and it's seems easer to put on but the want a double coat. Both cars got new windshields last year. They still squeak when you dry them off.

Back