What are you doing right now?

Gas grill assembly.
IMG_20210505_203255464.jpg
IMG_20210505_203322299.jpg

Just drinking a Pepsi and riding around in the car. Going to Lowe’s or Home Depot to buy one of those long scrapers because we are cleaning our basement for more room for me to have my shop stuff and we need to scrape some stuff off of the floor that was still stuck there from the last flood.

Chilling out waiting on the niece and nephews to get here since their parents are going to setup a greenhouse. Wish they would hurry up and get here so I can disappear down to the basement to get out of reading to them 😂.

Just working nights as usual. Started laying some ground work to eventually leave this profession for another. Just shy of 15 years in and don't think I can make the 20, let alone the 25 for a pension. Looking at taking the payout and getting out. I can count the days on one hand where work never bothered me on days off or where work never got to me in general.

Anyways I got to get up early and help my wife set up the obstacles as she is running a mounted skills competition during the day.

Just picked up steaks for tonight. Man Sam’s Club was packed a few times I almost got trampled and my mom was getting impatient and mad because my dad would not pay the extra $8 to get a pack of ribeye steaks lol 🙂.

Getting ready to deinstall the "colonial style" Brass and dark wood blade ceiling fan that was here when I moved in ad install a much nicer ceiling fan.

With the modernization of the country home an upgrade to a higher quality fan with a wider blade diameter and range of speed was on the list.

View attachment 54973View attachment 54974

Pretty awesome as it should be for the price -
IMG_1508.jpeg
IMG_1507.jpeg
IMG_1504.jpeg
loaded with features on top of moving huge air its got phone app control over -
motion auto on/ off Fan and light
timed on /off fan and light
Hot/cold Temp based on on off
remote lights up a few seconds every 2 min listing you know the setting its on
5 color selectable and Variable color temp based on brightness - simulates incandescent perfectly when dimming.
absolutely silent motor.

Just got back from the gas station. I got the last of the gas at that station. I’ll try again tomorrow at least we got the rest of them filled up except the Escape since my dad is working. Now I’m going to the basement to hang out at my toolbox while the dog chews on a bone.

Not much for this guy. 4 days off lasted only a few hours. Can't blame anyone but myself on this one. Picked up two overtime shifts. Every man has his price.
I know I post a lot of the same pictures but every time I roll out the yard and the bison are hanging out, I stop to admire them.

Attachments

• 20210511_180213.jpg
    20210511_180213.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 6
Raked a pile of pine needles and conws at my wife's store and here at home. Many, many bags ready for the landfill now.

Started preparing the electric fence for the garden. Tried chicken wire but with the price of lumber, it's just not feasible, I need a good foot and head board to keep the wire half azzed straight. I need to keep the dogs and rabbits out. The big dog keeps the deer out of the yard.

Then got the new fan on my k46, fresh oil and buttoned it up to the craftsman T3200. Sharpened the blades and then took her out for a rip. Works great thus far.

Now back to work in the morning.

Eating Chinese food. Getting ready to go get some lottery tickets. Got asked to help paint and restore a porch. But I’m getting paid so I figured yeah I’ll do it. It‘ll be in a few weeks. The guy had already paid a company and they done some work and never showed back up.

Just put the carb back together on my son's quad and installed a "backyard rebuild" brake calliper for the rear brake but the o-ring on the parking brake pin that juts out the back is weeping, so I've gotta take it back apart and replace that o-ring. His original was seized solid but we picked up a 2/3rds complete parts bike and many of the parts were in far better shape.

Still trying to find the keys for the 1990 truck. Man I never thought I could misplace a set of keys for over a month lol 😂. I did find some other things I was looking for while in the process of searching. I’m getting ready to walk the dog too. Been trying to help dad get used to his new phone as well. He isn’t a technology person and is having difficulties with the new S21 Ultra. If he would of gotten the iPhone like me then I would not have to learn anything lol. I have no idea about Android stuff I know a lot about Apple.

Since it decided to be wintery cold again, I figured I would do the last till of the garden in anticipation of seeding soon.

First off, it we are in a drought, last real amount of precipitation was a dump of snow in November. Not much since.

Second, it was +30c two days ago with 14 over night. Tonight it will be -3c before the windchill.

Third, yesterday the wind picked up very bad and the dust was quite nasty. Some places the visibility was less than a mile.

Fourth, because why should things be straightforward. Got a few laps tilled on the garden and scraped a rock. No big deal but might need a spade to pop it out. Wrong. Tomorrow I will hook up a tow strap to the truck and try to drag it out.

Fifth, because I'm a clumsy idiot, I was backing the Trailblazer to the garden to use a strap to break the rock free. Had the driver door open partially and smoke the fence post. Knocked it loose and bent the door hinge area slightly. Found this out when the door would close. I loosened the latch to at least get it closed enough. One day ned to shim it.

Attachments

• 20210518_171132.jpg
    20210518_171132.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 3
  • 20210519_184639.jpg
    20210519_184639.jpg
    265.8 KB · Views: 3
Back