What are the current OEM partnerships for factory fill?

Anyone know what GM is using for their 5.3/ 6.2 engines for factory fill recently? I suspect Mobil 1 synthetic blend.
All Mobil 1 oils are full synthetic
The only Blend Mobil sells is the "Super" line

Reading comprehention must be difficult for you to master when you confuse the word "pasibly" with "posibly", along with the general meaning of a basic sentence.
It is used to indicate “doubt.” Do you know what it means? Based on your comment, you DON’T.

My comments still stand.

Never put anyone on ignore before. You will be my first. Useless.

You guys and your "Manufacturereses only cares about going past that pesky 5-60 powertrain warranties" absolutely kill me. I bet there are millions more vehicles on the road with 75k miles than there are vehicles with under 75k miles. I'm also willing to bet 90% of those over 75k have been run on either oil you can purchase at walmart or from a bulk blender and that millions more have rotted away around powertrains still capable of turning more miles on that cheap nasty unremarkable camelpee not-special brew.

BUT mah Ford/Chrysler/Audi/VW/Subaru/Toyota/Hyundai/Kia/GM NEEDS 20$ per quart Gobblewobble 50K or it will GRENADE. I beat planned obsolescence you SOPUS shills!

1704164543234.png

EDIT - Yes, there are applications where Gobblewobble 50k IS appropriate. Bob and Belinda Beater don't NEED it.

Ferrari and Maserati use Shell/Pennzoil
... BMW switched from Castrol to Shell fairly recently.
BMW switched from Castrol to Shell back in 2015, then back to Castrol in 2021, but only in North America.

So "factory fill" for European manufactured BMWs is going to be Shell still. Presumably Castrol for North American built BMWs.
Any BMW getting serviced in North America will get Castrol produced oil.

You guys and your "Manufacturereses only cares about going past that pesky 5-60 powertrain warranties" absolutely kill me. I bet there are millions more vehicles on the road with 75k miles than there are vehicles with under 75k miles. I'm also willing to bet 90% of those over 75k have been run on either oil you can purchase at walmart or from a bulk blender and that millions more have rotted away around powertrains still capable of turning more miles on that cheap nasty unremarkable camelpee not-special brew.

BUT mah Ford/Chrysler/Audi/VW/Subaru/Toyota/Hyundai/Kia/GM NEEDS 20$ per quart Gobblewobble 50K or it will GRENADE. I beat planned obsolescence you SOPUS shills!

View attachment 196035

EDIT - Yes, there are applications where Gobblewobble 50k IS appropriate. Bob and Belinda Beater don't NEED it.
The average car on the road in the US is 12.5 years old. So I agree with your premise. And I'd also offer my view that 99% of oil related failures in cars are due to LACK of oil rather than incorrect oil. As our company cars used to be labeled back in the 60s: "check oil every fill-up".

Any BMW getting serviced in North America will get Castrol produced oil.
Not necessarily. Dealers of all brands often use whichever bulk oil they can get that meets the spec as cheaply as possible, regardless of which brand (or Genuine oil) the manufacturer recommends.

"Chevron Delo 400 Multigrade SAE 15W-40 has been the factory fill engine oil for Paccar since 1989"

Wow, That is a long time relationship there. I figured if it was a cummins it'd get Valvoline but there is no single answer for all the different truck makers that may use cummins engines I see now. Good straightforward article.

Not necessarily. Dealers of all brands often use whichever bulk oil they can get that meets the spec as cheaply as possible, regardless of which brand (or Genuine oil) the manufacturer recommends.
Dealerships certainly can, and worth asking, but that should not be the norm. While it is up to each car manufacturer to enforce, it is required in their contract agreements that dealerships follow prescribed policies and procedures. Most of my experience is with BMW and Ferrari and I am friendly with several technicians, ...some I call friends. And those brands appear very strict with the dealerships.

Dealerships certainly can, and worth asking, but that should not be the norm. While it is up to each car manufacturer to enforce, it is required in their contract agreements that dealerships follow prescribed policies and procedures. Most of my experience is with BMW and Ferrari and I am friendly with several technicians, ...some I call friends. And those brands appear very strict with the dealerships.
It is the norm. Ferrari level service is not the norm.

Subaru uses Idemitsu oil as it’s factory fill and what’s labeled on their “Subaru motor oil “
I mentioned it earlier in the thread, but Subaru Japan has worked with Castrol. Even though the post title mentions factory fill the linked web site and original post refers to "partnerships". We may have to subtract points from @cheesepuffs2 for that. ;)

I mentioned it earlier in the thread, but Subaru Japan has worked with Castrol. Even though the post title mentions factory fill the linked web site and original post refers to "partnerships". We may have to subtract points from @cheesepuffs2 for that. ;)
As one who has worked in Subaru dealerships I never saw castrol being used always it was always Idemitsu oil.

As one who has worked in Subaru dealerships I never saw castrol being used always it was always Idemitsu oil.
Subaru dealerships in Japan? I am not claiming that Subaru does not have a partnership with Idemitsu. I know that Idemitsu makes Subaru's factory fill, as well as the dealer service fill, but Subaru Japan has partnerships with multiple oil companies including Castrol and Total.

Click the video on the bottom left of this page and you will see what I'm referring to.

E24A30EE-BE6C-457E-BB4E-723CB7AAE428.jpeg

Dou itashimashite !

Last edited:
Back