Wendy's Now Cares

McDonalds has arguably the worst food. BUT they have the best service and the ease of ordering (App, Two lanes) makes it a no brainer when in a hurry. And most folks in a drive through line are there because......they're in a hurry.

McDonalds has arguably the worst food. BUT they have the best service and the ease of ordering (App, Two lanes) makes it a no brainer when in a hurry. And most folks in a drive through line are there because......they're in a hurry.
If you are lucky to have a Culvers in your area... give them a try....youl be back.....there burgers are head over heals above the other fast food burger places...

Down here people are loyal to Wawa. I would say their Italian hoagies are good (but $8). I foolishly didn’t get them during Hoagiefest for $6.

not around here in Louisville...worst food worst service...

McDonald’s is amazing. I had an employee insist I was at the wrong location for a mobile order. It was so comical I didn’t even get mad. After about 5 min she said omg I am sorry I’m trippin’….around here a family corp owns all of them and they’re all just as bad. But the brand name is like BMW or Apple.

The deals have all dried up too in 2023. As late as 2022 I’d laugh getting a free large fry with a $1 purchase or Phillies win free crispy chicken or eagles win free 1/4 pounder. No such deals today and nothing is $1. McChicken is $2.50….
Here in KC the McDonalds app is ripe with bogo's and free fries every day. Any breakfast sandwich for $2.00. 20% off is available on orders over $5. Nothing like making your own special.

Last edited:
Here in KC the McDonalds app is ripe with bogo's and free fries every day. Any breakfast sandwich for $2. 20% off is available on orders over $5. Nothing like making your own special.
Used to have all that! 👍

Wendy's is our go to at home and on vacation. In SoFlo, we usually each get the biggie bag or the now no longer available GOOOAL meal. I must say, I never noticed all the competition, everyone seems to be promoting value meals right now. McDonalds, Checkers, BK and DQ seem to be always airing TV ads.

They likely want to avoid delivering a 700*F burger.
Don't forget the burned. blistered throat/suffocated man via microwaved soup story.

Also, you know how vile a public microwave oven will become.
They can let it cool down before serving it. Just don't serve hamburger rare and bloody. I prefer not to get parasites from either the meat or the people doing the job.
If the microwave was as bad as the restrooms then you know to get your money back and leave.
It means they don't give a rip about cleanliness, and is not a place to eat at.

^^All good points^^

However, as has been said here by others, there's a chance that uniformity of service in fast food restaurants is lacking.
When you find any decent restaurant of any stripe, its appeal has everything to do with the willingness of the employees to do a good job.

The sickest I’ve been in the last 30 years was from eating at a McDonalds. I really try and avoid eating away from home if possible. Otherwise if I have no other choice I eat what is deep fried. Not the healthiest but I figure at least the workers are handling the food with tongs to keep from getting burnt. No nasty hands touch it.

Customer Service is a strange thing. There seemed to be a push through the early 90s. I got training on it.

Yesterday, I was watching how slow a costco gas attendant was (full serve NJ) and thought his $42,000 salary isn’t enough to motivate him to service customers as fast as he can (long line when a guy like this is manning just 6 pumps). Imagine him moving to fast food.

There's both a McDonald's and a Wendy's within a few blocks from my office and I can be certain that as the noon hour approaches right now there are probably 20 cars in line at McDonald's (and a dozen people inside) while Wendy's has one car in line and no customers inside. And that one car has been there for ten minutes already.

Don’t expect miracles from any fast food chain unless it’s a chic fil a.

Think about it this way, if you had a job in fast food would you really care? It’s a transient job for HS kids and retirees, not really a career for anyone expect maybe a few motivated supervisors looking to move up to management.

There is a Taco Bell by me that is faster than the McDonald’s across the street, it’s usually the other way around. This one apparently has the kitchen listening in on the drive through so they making tacos and burritos immediately.

I quit going to Wendy's because of the horrible no care service.
In my area everyone else did the same.

I go by it daily and the place is empty. Also they kept raising their prices above the competition.

I guess they finally figured out they suck. I did stop last night and apparently they now care and were polite and fast and the order for once was right.

And I was the only customer at the drive thru. Money talks as usual... Sad it had to go that far.

I am still avoiding them unless I have no choice.
How odd. Both of my local Wendy's are great. The customer service was on point. I ordered a spicy chicken sandwich combination and it wasn't very appetizing which is unusual. I took a picture and emailed it to the regional manager. I received a response that day with a sincere apology and a coupon for whatever combo That I wanted. Popeyes has been the worst by a mile. They messed up my sandwich, and gave me three of the same sides. I took a picture and called customer service. Customer service's response was "I can give you a $5 gift card sorry." Five dollars won't buy me a combo.

I almost never eat at fast food, but I had a 9 hour drive on Friday and didn't want to dally, so I pulled off at an exit and Wendy's was first. I had the spicy chicken, which was pretty much breading and spicy but maybe 1/8 inches of chicken. I ate part and tossed it. It did get me home, and since I expense it I suppose it did its intended purpose - cure my hunger - albeit through disgust mostly if not caloric intake.

McDonald’s is amazing. I had an employee insist I was at the wrong location for a mobile order. It was so comical I didn’t even get mad. After about 5 min she said omg I am sorry I’m trippin’….around here a family corp owns all of them and they’re all just as bad. But the brand name is like BMW or Apple.

The deals have all dried up too in 2023. As late as 2022 I’d laugh getting a free large fry with a $1 purchase or Phillies win free crispy chicken or eagles win free 1/4 pounder. No such deals today and nothing is $1. McChicken is $2.50….

I've noticed that. Every location has a different price. Heck - at one location I was just looking for the cheapest thing on the menu that I actually would want in order to qualify for a freebee, and a double hamburger was less than a regular hamburger.

Also - the local deals have dried up - probably as a matter of participation. I've used the app for the deals and I remember where they would change on the road. I saw the $6 Quarter Pounder meal that I could get once a day, but that dried up in my area maybe last January or February. But when I was on the road and checking it, that was still available. So a lot of what they have available is regional. I remember visiting the Seattle area a few years ago where one of the deals was a BOGO Happy Meal.

As for customer service, it really depends on the franchise owner and the individual employees. I used to go to one where one employee looked like he might have fallen on hard times years ago. Maybe even some developmental disability, although he was older. But he was always earnest and kind, and operated as a cashier. Sure beat some of the high school kids working there who generally didn't care knowing they'd be out of there when they went off to college or found a better paying job.

Back