Well, boys, I'm gonna put in some SSO with no.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ericthepig
Useless hyped additives added to SSO. Where'd you see those - on a late nite infomercial?

Stick with SSO and one qt of MMO and turn off the late nite t.v.

I'd love to see that UOA, being a fan of Amsoil and MMO. I bet it would be one fine UOA, especially after seeing Tackleberry's UOA, and a few others with the addition of MMO. The truth is SSO doesn't need any tweaking, but experimentation on BITOG is always fun.

AD

Originally Posted By: Hethaerto
Originally Posted By: Tempest
Originally Posted By: daman
Don't, she's going to blow!!!!!
LOL.gif

Yeah, that $8 oil will kill your engine if you don't put in $20 additives...

$10 oil.

Funny how I try to listen to you guys and you still mock me. What gives?

Just play'en man,,can't always be so serious..
Originally Posted By: oilboy123
They are just jealous........

Of amsoil??????
LOL.gif
thats funny.

Originally Posted By: ADFD1

I'd love to see that UOA, being a fan of Amsoil and MMO.... The truth is SSO doesn't need any tweaking, but experimentation on BITOG is always fun.

AD

Trust me, I was joking about MMO and SSO. Having said that, I just put some slightly used Schaeffers 15w40 (long story on why I had some slightly used Sch. on hand) in my Sienna and topped it off with a full qt of MMO. Runs O' so nice. MMO is in my future plans for my van - I'll be using 10w40s, and then I'm going to cut the stuff down (in visc.) in the winter months using MMO (~1 yr, 5k OCIs).

End of threadjack.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Pablo and Gary didn't say anything, do you know what that's mean ?

Are we supposed to say something? I never put anything in my oil....I mean I used to put motor honey in beater cars, in my youth, but now I don't see the need. I can see the use for AutoRx in cars fed a steady diet of conventional oil after 10-15 years, but just to put something "special" in good motor oil? No, thanks.

Somehow I think the OP's car will survive.

Putting additives into an expensive synthetic oil is not a good idea for many reasons.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
... I can see the use for AutoRx in cars fed a steady diet of conventional oil after 10-15 years, but just to put something "special" in good motor oil? No, thanks...

This was what I meant. OP seems trying to stir up the pot by posting that he's putting some junks in one of the best oil available !!!

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Originally Posted By: Pablo
... I can see the use for AutoRx in cars fed a steady diet of conventional oil after 10-15 years, but just to put something "special" in good motor oil? No, thanks...

This was what I meant. OP seems trying to stir up the pot by posting that he's putting some junks in one of the best oil available !!!

Stir the pot? Nope, just expressing my thoughts.

I run my asm 13,000 to 17,000 all the time motor still looks very clean, thats about 6 months for me.

adding anything to Amsoil SSO is like urinating in holy water.
spankme2.gif

it is fine all by itself and nothing else is needed period!
thumbsup2.gif

Yes it will clean up your engine from whatever you were running before. When I changed to SSO from the cheap dino that the previous owners used the first run turned very very dark after just a few miles (I do run extended drains), however now that I am 1/2 way through the second fill it is still light in color and you can see the markings on the dipstick through the oil. This was not possible on the first run since it was so dark that you could not see through it so that tells me it was cleaning up something.

I run 1 year changes since I only average 10 to 12K per year. I also have a quieter, cooler running engine and get more miles to the gallon too.

No I do not have any analyses to "officially" back it up (I plan to once I can afford to) but I do careful observations and I know my engine is running better with it. temp difference noted by the temp gage, miles per gal went from 10.6 when we bought the van to 12.18 on my last fill up, all in city stop & go traffic. gas mileage also was helped by a run of Amsoil PI. engine has more pep when you accelerate etc. The scoffers here can do what they want but I know it is working. I have used Amsoil products since the late seventies and I will continue to do so!

Save your money that you would waste on any additives they are not needed and will only mess up one very fine oil.

Originally Posted By: eoghan
adding anything to Amsoil SSO is like urinating in holy water.
spankme2.gif

it is fine all by itself and nothing else is needed period!
thumbsup2.gif

Yes it will clean up your engine from whatever you were running before. When I changed to SSO from the cheap dino that the previous owners used the first run turned very very dark after just a few miles (I do run extended drains), however now that I am 1/2 way through the second fill it is still light in color and you can see the markings on the dipstick through the oil. This was not possible on the first run since it was so dark that you could not see through it so that tells me it was cleaning up something.

I run 1 year changes since I only average 10 to 12K per year. I also have a quieter, cooler running engine and get more miles to the gallon too.

No I do not have any analyses to "officially" back it up (I plan to once I can afford to) but I do careful observations and I know my engine is running better with it. temp difference noted by the temp gage, miles per gal went from 10.6 when we bought the van to 12.18 on my last fill up, all in city stop & go traffic. gas mileage also was helped by a run of Amsoil PI. engine has more pep when you accelerate etc. The scoffers here can do what they want but I know it is working. I have used Amsoil products since the late seventies and I will continue to do so!

Save your money that you would waste on any additives they are not needed and will only mess up one very fine oil.

cool.gif

Originally Posted By: chevrofreak
Would you say that it's running like a striped ape?

Not yet, but I'm hoping it will in the next few weeks.

This car ran it's best so far on GC, 8 ounces of Tufoil and a half-quart of LOS.

Just to stir the pot-

Should anything go bad in the engine, and should one assume that AMSOIL is responsible, the company will want an oil analysis.
If there is MMO, or Slick 50, STP, or something similar, then it is obviously not AMSOIL in the engine--and there will be no warranty (just as if there were antifreeze in the oil). In over 30 years, haven't heard of a documented case where engine failure has be caused by AMSOIL.

But, it is your car and you are welcome to do what you want to do.

Useless hyped additives added to SSO.

Stick with SSO and one qt of MMO....

crackmeup2.gif

And I guess MMO is not hyped up?

Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah

crackmeup2.gif

Yeah, these guys give me grief over using one whole quart of LOS because it's not got enough additives in it (according to them), but then it's okay to tell people to substitute one whole quart of SSO with one whole quart of MMO? What additives does MMO have in it?

crackmeup2.gif

Yeah, these guys give me grief over using one whole quart of LOS because it's not got enough additives in it (according to them), but then it's okay to tell people to substitute one whole quart of SSO with one whole quart of MMO? What additives does MMO have in it?
I don't know.

If the oil can not do what it should without some adds then I don't want it in my crankcase.

And with $8-10 a quart oil, it BETTER not "need" ANYTHING.

Bill

I don't know.

If the oil can not do what it should without some adds then I don't want it in my crankcase.

Bill

+1
thumbsup2.gif

Why would oil MFG's bother with additives if $8-$10 off the shelf additives could be the fix-alls?

crackmeup2.gif

I don't know.

Bill

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back