Warren Oil Company

Status
Not open for further replies.
More bias against small and medium size blenders and bottlers? Not every company can be like Exxon or SOPUS.

Considering I’m personal friends with several ILMA owners… no. No bias at all.

I just know who’s who at the zoo.

Warren Oil and Warren Distribution - now highline Warren - are very different companies with completely different ownership that are in no shape related outside of being in the oil industry.

Bunch of fun stories about both… however they’re not for the internet. I wouldn’t personally buy anything from Warren Oil…

Question is....

Why would you not buy anything from Warren Oil ?

What would be the rationale behind that ?

Just curious myself.

Question is....

Just curious myself.
Yeah it’s tough to put something like that out there and not explain further.
I use ST oils when nothing else is on sale. I have built up a small stash of Haveline boxes before the price went up.
I also have a 12 qt box of ST that I got on sale.
What‘s going on behind the scenes that might cause me to not want to use the ST oil?

Question is....

Just curious myself.

I don’t particularly like what they do in the market place.

Anyone willing to sell off spec/non-spec products, I won’t do business with. Any one willing to make 303 fluid still, I won’t do business with.

My logic behind it is pretty sound. If they’re willing to cut corners, openly, what are they going to do privately?

If you’re me, and buying millions of gallons a year - sure I demand a CoA with every load. But what’s stopping them from forging a CoA? And the likelihood I’m going to catch it?

They have a history of bad business practices in a market that my company has been in going on 104 years. “We know a thing or two because we’ve seen a thing or two.” If someone has bad business practices on one side, they’ll probably have bad business practices other places.

That’s why.

If ST is supertech - that’s not Warren oil. Supertech is Warren Distribution/Highline Warren. Different company - see previous post.

Warren Oil is Coastal and Lubriguard brands and various other house brands.

Yeah it’s tough to put something like that out there and not explain further.
I use ST oils when nothing else is on sale. I have built up a small stash of Haveline boxes before the price went up.
I also have a 12 qt box of ST that I got on sale.
What‘s going on behind the scenes that might cause me to not want to use the ST oil?

Just to clarify, Highline Warren does not make Havoline.

I don’t particularly like what they do in the market place.

Anyone willing to sell off spec/non-spec products, I won’t do business with. Any one willing to make 303 fluid still, I won’t do business with.

My logic behind it is pretty sound. If they’re willing to cut corners, openly, what are they going to do privately?

If you’re me, and buying millions of gallons a year - sure I demand a CoA with every load. But what’s stopping them from forging a CoA? And the likelihood I’m going to catch it?

They have a history of bad business practices in a market that my company has been in going on 104 years. “We know a thing or two because we’ve seen a thing or two.” If someone has bad business practices on one side, they’ll probably have bad business practices other places.

That’s why.

If ST is supertech - that’s not Warren oil. Supertech is Warren Distribution/Highline Warren. Different company - see previous post.

Warren Oil is Coastal and Lubriguard brands and various other house brands.

First off I don't need YOU telling me there that Warren Highline aka Warren High Priced makes ST oil....

I know that Warren Oil and former Warren Distribution were two totally separate companies.

I have known that for years....

So don't address that when it need not be done.

Now back to my actual question and your answer...

IF someone has equipment of any value... Which to be candid..... Lots of heavy machinery is extremely EXPENSIVE when new and even quite expensive when it is highly used...

That person should know **** well what specific fluid goes in their many tens and perhaps hundreds of thousands of dollars piece of equipment. If they don't know better or just stupid cheap.... Maybe they should not purchase or own any heavy machinery... And say they get 303 instead of JD 20 or another newer spec oil.... That's on them.

There are very limited applications for a 303 hydraulic fluid. Has long as the label and TDS makes it very clear the very limited use of such fluid... Then I have no problem with it being available to purchase.

If a person buys a used D 10 dozer and pays $40,000 for it.... They better know what fluid it needs....

If someone buys a 2010 $200,000 JD piece of equipment.... They better know what fluid should go in it.

However... If a 303 hydraulic fluid is labeled like it's good for say a 1980s, 1990s or 2000s piece of heavy equipment..... Then that is a whole different circumstance right there. Then, yes I would take huge issue with that..

There are very limited applications for a 303 hydraulic fluid. Has long as the label and TDS makes it very clear the very limited use of such fluid... Then I have no problem with it being available to purchase.

If a person buys a used D 10 dozer and pays $40,000 for it.... They better know what fluid it needs....

If someone buys a 2010 $200,000 JD piece of equipment.... They better know what fluid should go in it.

However... If a 303 hydraulic fluid is labeled like it's good for say a 1980s, 1990s or 2000s piece of heavy equipment..... Then that is a whole different circumstance right there. Then, yes I would take huge issue with that..

You do you. Not disagreeing people “should” know basic specs for their equipment. However this lawsuit they settled was a false advertising lawsuit.

I know about the lawsuits involving other companies too in regards to this same type circumstance. Tractor Supply selling yellow bucket hydraulic fluid etc etc... And there have been other cases has well. Dollar General selling API SF motor oil has well.

And yes I agree that false advertising should not be permissable in a market place.

I will say though a legal finding does not carry as much weight with me as it used to. A very recent legal ruling against Alex Jones is another example of how ludicrous our system has become.

In the North Carolina case against those 4 Duke University students that was thrown out because of gross prosecutor misconduct... And that DA eventually being disbarred too. That case being thrown out in a rather stunning dismantling of the case happening in open court... Which just about never happens.... Did there.

Like a saying I heard a long time ago... " You could sue a ham sandwich".... It's true now more than ever.

Again.... If one buys even a older D 10 dozer ..... You better know what hydraulic fluid it really needs.

I watch the Gold Rush series and it
is amazing how much money even very old equipment still can cost a mining operation. Anyone starts shelling out 40-100k for older mining equipment better know what needs to go in that.

Much less someone buying 250,000 to 1.5 million or potentially even more for much newer large heavy equipment. They surely better know what goes in them to keep up their warranty or at a minimum keep that very expensive equipment running as it should.

I know about the lawsuits involving other companies too in regards to this same type circumstance. Tractor Supply selling yellow bucket hydraulic fluid etc etc... And there have been other cases has well. Dollar General selling API SF motor oil has well.

And yes I agree that false advertising should not be permissable in a market place.

I will say though a legal finding does not carry as much weight with me as it used to. A very recent legal ruling against Alex Jones is another example of how ludicrous our system has become.

In the North Carolina case against those 4 Duke University students that was thrown out because of gross prosecutor misconduct... And that DA eventually being disbarred too. That case being thrown out in a rather stunning dismantling of the case happening in open court... Which just about never happens.... Did there.

Like a saying I heard a long time ago... " You could sue a ham sandwich".... It's true now more than ever.

Again.... If one buys even a older D 10 dozer ..... You better know what hydraulic fluid it really needs.

I watch the Gold Rush series and it
is amazing how much money even very old equipment still can cost a mining operation. Anyone starts shelling out 40-100k for older mining equipment better know what needs to go in that.

Much less someone buying 250,000 to 1.5 million or potentially even more for much newer large heavy equipment. They surely better know what goes in them to keep up their warranty or at a minimum keep that very expensive equipment running as it should.

Again, you do you. Its your money, you can purchase whatever oil you want. I care what oil I buy and who from. 303 fluid is typically line wash. Which means it doesn’t even meet the real 303 spec. It’s just crap in a bucket. If you read the lawsuits, you should know this.

If someone wants to sell that, then I have every right not to do business with them due to their business practices. This is why I won’t do business with them - again, fairly logical. If they’re willing to throw linewash in a bucket and call it anything besides linewash, well, there’s a problem.

There’s 0 reason to sell off spec products besides to screw consumers through false advertising. Should consumers be better educated? Yeah. Absolutely. But as you pointed out above: the world isn’t perfect.

Questions about source blenders have been asked and responses supplied.

It has also been well established that ST is Supertech - Supertech is blended by Warren Distribution/Highline Warren of Omaha, Neb.

Warren Oil/Trail Creek Investments, has the Coastal and Lubriguard brands, and numerous other house brands. Warren Oil was originally headquarterd in Dunn, NC.

They were also producing the substandard 303 hydraulic oil.

A proper search would have shown many discussions on this same topic.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back