walmart everstart maxx made in south korea.

Was cleaning under the hood of the suv and noticed a sticker on the battery made in south korea, i don't how i missed this when i put the battery in.
The battery in question is a group 47 h5 manufacture date 1/19 Any idea who produces these for walmart. ??

Could be either Johnson Controls or Exide.

Pretty sure the battery control is up for Walmart too....

So do exide and johnson controls have plants in korea or do they sub out the contracts

I looked last week and the Everstart Maxx batteries I saw, sold at Walmart in the ChicagoLand area had Clarios (formerly Johnson Controls) as the manufacturer...

Bill

per this forum Johnson Controls sold their battery business a bit ago!! overseas manufacturers are not plagued with many laws concerning chemicals etc!! also its said due to the weight of many items Wallys tries to optimize delivered cost, batteries are very heavy!!! like their oils sourced from various blenders!

Johnson Controls sold to Clarios...Clarios is the brand I saw written on some (I didn't look at every one) Everstart Maxx batteries at Walmart two days ago...

Bill

I looked at H6 batteries that fit my VW and they were made in Germany. I think it depends on that application and type. Never had any issues with a Walmart battery though. No worse that any other brand in my experience.

Back