WM Everstart MAXX Vs Advance and Auto Zone

my 04 Tundra takes a group 24 battery ,Wallmart got their Everstart Maxx battery for $109 dollors ,both nearby Auto Zone and Advance Auto parts have their die hard gold , and Duralast batteries for $209 ,are they worth double the price of walmart battery ? or is walmart junk?dont know whither to take chance on the walmart everstart maxx , but for half price ,i might unless y'all think otherwise

I would buy the Everstart. The others mentioned are overpriced for what they are.WM has fresher batteries with a faster turn over. I have three Everstarts now in three vehicles. 10, 8 and 6 years old and still going strong.

Duralast and Interstate brand are the only two batteries I have had to replace under warranty, in the past 18 years. Duralast warranty replacement was two years ago. Many years ago, MAXX lasted way beyond their warranted time (when warranties were longer than 36 mos).

Who makes what battery? I would first go with an Easy Penn battery. Look at the serial number in Walmart if it starts with an EP it's an Easy Penn. Then Clarios and I'd bicycle before an Exide.

It somewhat depends on where you live. I find East Penn at Walmart from NY to Delaware.

I always buy the Maxx … served me well most often and the couple that fell short (maybe aftermarket stereo) warranty is easy - plus there’s a Walmart in all directions … 3 year free replacement …

Who makes what battery? I would first go with an Easy Penn battery. Look at the serial number in Walmart if it starts with an EP it's an Easy Penn. Then Clarios and I'd bicycle before an Exide.

It somewhat depends on where you live. I find East Penn at Walmart from NY to Delaware.
Walmart in California is ruled by the Koreans - Hyundai Songwoo(Solite) and Hankook Atlas.

This only issue I have with WM batteries is that they don't seem to carry dual terminal car batteries. I really hate side posts and prefer dual terminals in case I strip out a side post I still have a battery that I can use.

Stumbled across this kind of by accident; torque for side terminal battery cable bolts are 10-14 N-m (89 - 124 in-lb). Haven't stripped a side terminal battery since.
Pages from 1986 Assembly Manual - Battery Cables_LB9.jpg

I usually go to autozone and ask them to price match Walmart. They do it most of the time with no issues. Some will charge the walmart $10 installation on top of the battery fee. But the warranty at autozone is generally easier to deal with than walmart.

I install mainly FVP batteries at my shop, which appear to be primarily sourced from ATLASBX, a division of Hankook, based in South Korea. However, they apparently opened a plant in NA to produce lead acid batteries some time in 2020.

If I'm honest, FVP/ATLAS batteries are mediocre at best. I've replaced countless examples under the 5 year free replacement warranty... however when compared with the greater market they rank at or slightly above their competition.

My biggest peeve regarding FVP batteries is their slight fitment issues. If the application uses a base-clamp style mounting style, they're fine. Should a given application use a top-clamp design, the FVP batteries require tweaking every time.

Back