WM Everstart MAXX Vs Advance and Auto Zone

I usually go to autozone and ask them to price match Walmart. They do it most of the time with no issues. Some will charge the walmart $10 installation on top of the battery fee. But the warranty at autozone is generally easier to deal with than walmart.

O'Reilly will generally price match as well.

Of those two options, WM, and save a $100.
In my experience, I generally have not had good luck with WM batteries (although the last one I bought was good.)
WM's are plentiful, and although exercising the warranty there can be a PITA, the price difference more than offsets the chance that it would be needed.

Reactions: FZ1
I install mainly FVP batteries at my shop, which appear to be primarily sourced from ATLASBX, a division of Hankook, based in South Korea. However, they apparently opened a plant in NA to produce lead acid batteries some time in 2020.
I’ve been seeing a mix of Hankook Atlas and Hyundai Songwoo batteries sold under Walmart’s Everstart label these last few years. The serials for those start with ATL or HSW.

Hyundai uses Solite as their OE battery, which is made by Hyundai Songwoo. ACDelco has been selling Korean Clarios as well - Delkor was originally a joint venture between a Korean firm and Delco-Remy and now 100% owned by Clarios.

O'Reilly will generally price match as well.
i would assume so, but the Oreilly's stores around here give you trouble warrantying things. Last battery I tried to warranty, they refused because their machine said it was okay even though I proved to them several times, it would not hold a charge for more than an hour. They then told me, I would have to get a professional mechanic to write up a service ticket saying the battery was bad before they warrantied it. I would like to think that is not normal practice nationwide.

This^^^^^^^^. Buy from a place that sells them fast 'cause they are likely to be more fresh. Walmart.
Just picked up a new MAXX group 24f and the manufacture date sticker is October 2022. That’s freshhhh
F912E5DC-8ACC-4569-A66C-BE0E88316E53.jpeg

I usually go to autozone and ask them to price match Walmart. They do it most of the time with no issues. Some will charge the walmart $10 installation on top of the battery fee. But the warranty at autozone is generally easier to deal with than walmart.
That’s a great idea! More or less the cost of WM without the hassles.

How do you get past the “same model” or “same part number” issue for a match?

That’s a great idea! More or less the cost of WM without the hassles.

How do you get past the “same model” or “same part number” issue for a match?
Their price match just says warranty for warranty. They can price match based on the same warranty. If a group size 35 with a 3 year warranty is 99.99 at walmart, they will match a group size 35 with a 3 year warranty.

Back