WM Everstart Platinum AGM Batteries

Bump:

Website photo now shows a 5-yr free replacement warranty. I have not seen any AGM's at my local WM so I am unable to verify. Has anyone seen any updated labeling?

Bump:

Website photo now shows a 5-yr free replacement warranty. I have not seen any AGM's at my local WM so I am unable to verify. Has anyone seen any updated labeling?
Also interested in this. I have a 2017 Malibu with its original H7 AGM battery still working but I know it’s not gonna last too much longer. Best deal I found was Sams Duracell for 189, 3 yr replacement. Recently stumbled upon the Walmart batteries and they have one 169 and 5 yr warranty labeled on the side, but description says 4 yr.

one near to me Walmart has AGM batteries...marked Clarios and have a 4 year Free Replacement Warranty...I've not seen any with the 5 year free replacement anywhere...
9aryIQaRSr2Wb7BNA39kSA.jpg

Also interested in this. I have a 2017 Malibu with its original H7 AGM battery still working but I know it’s not gonna last too much longer. Best deal I found was Sams Duracell for 189, 3 yr replacement. Recently stumbled upon the Walmart batteries and they have one 169 and 5 yr warranty labeled on the side, but description says 4 yr.

I got an H5 AGM battery for my Volt from Costco for $149. Not sure what they charge for an H7.

I purchased a few group 78 Deka Intimidator AGM start/deep cycle batteries. They are the same battery the Sams Club sells under the Duracell logo. They are manufactured by East Penn Mfg. I got mine through Rock Auto for about 160 bucks each.

No waiting in lines and crowds. My batteries came directly from the manufacturer so not sitting on a shelf.

No waiting in lines and crowds. My batteries came directly from the manufacturer so not sitting on a shelf.

I didn't wait line or deal with a crowd to purchase my H5 battery. I went into the tire center, pulled it off the shelf, put it on the counter, paid for it, and walked out with it.

I think that took maybe 3 minutes.

I didn't wait line or deal with a crowd to purchase my H5 battery. I went into the tire center, pulled it off the shelf, put it on the counter, paid for it, and walked out with it.

I think that took maybe 3 minutes.
Yes you drove there, burned gas and got a battery that was on a shelf for who knows how long. Mine were set right next to my truck in driveway ready to install.

I quit dealing with these cheap super stores years ago and my life and well being have improved so much because of it.

Yes you drove there, burned gas and got a battery that was on a shelf for who knows how long. Mine were set right next to my truck in driveway ready to install.

I quit dealing with these cheap super stores years ago and my life and well being have improved so much because of it.

And you got a battery that was shipped and dropped who knows how many times before you got it.

And you got a battery that was shipped and dropped who knows how many times before you got it.

Same thing could happen getting to the store. I respect your way of purchasing so please respect mine. I did nothing more than show another option for making a battery purchase to save a few bucks and time.

Same thing could happen getting to the store. I respect your way of purchasing so please respect mine. I did nothing more than show another option for making a battery purchase to save a few bucks and time.

I've had bad experiences with large, heavy, fragile items being shipped. Some people just don't know how to pack such items to survive a trip through FedEx or UPS. And car batteries aren't usually shipped that way so you're leaving it up to the parts warehouse that RockAuto ships from to get it right.

And then, how do you handle the warranty return on a battery you ordered from Rockauto? Ship it back? That's not really convenient.

I've had bad experiences with large, heavy, fragile items being shipped. Some people just don't know how to pack such items to survive a trip through FedEx or UPS. And car batteries aren't usually shipped that way so you're leaving it up to the parts warehouse that RockAuto ships from to get it right.

And then, how do you handle the warranty return on a battery you ordered from Rockauto? Ship it back? That's not really convenient.

It was packed really good to prevent damage if dropped. Yes the warranty would be as much of a hassle as taking it back to the store. I would drop off at my local fed ex store. I do everything possible to avoid Costco, Walmart, Sam's Club and pretty much any lower end retailer anymore. It's just a personal choice I have made to avoid the repetitive horrible experiences I've encountered in the past.

I will say this AGM batteries are a gamer changer!! I just had my first true cold weather experience with mine in 14deg temperature this morning. My truck fired right up no hesitation. With a standard lead acid battery it was always slow to start.

It was packed really good to prevent damage if dropped. Yes the warranty would be as much of a hassle as taking it back to the store. I would drop off at my local fed ex store. I do everything possible to avoid Costco, Walmart, Sam's Club and pretty much any lower end retailer anymore. It's just a personal choice I have made to avoid the repetitive horrible experiences I've encountered in the past.

I will say this AGM batteries are a gamer changer!! I just had my first true cold weather experience with mine in 14deg temperature this morning. My truck fired right up no hesitation. With a standard lead acid battery it was always slow to start.

I might have ordered an AGM battery from Rockauto if Costco didn't have them for the same price. And just hoped that it didn't get damaged in shipping.

I've found that the best time to go to those stores is a weekday (but not Friday) after about 7pm. They're not as busy then, at least around here.

I've only ever bought one AGM battery and it's to replace an existing AGM battery the car left the factory with, and said car is a plug-in hybrid that doesn't actually use the AGM battery to start the engine.

Any slow cranking/starting I've ever noticed in cold weather was resolved with a new battery.

was at a Walmart yesterday known to stock AGMs and the 1/22 stickers AGM had an all black case instead of the gray and black case but the lift handles and design appeared the same as before...

Bill

Back