Wal-Mart pricing is CRAZY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: RF Overlord
Originally Posted By: Stewart Fan
5qts of Pennzoil Platinum is $18.75 at my WM. Picked up two jugs yesterday.
Man, it's $24.97 here...if I could still get it for $20 or less, I'd buy all they had...

Bought more yesterday at $18.75 for a 5 quart container here in Wi... I highly doubt there is a better oil for anything close to this price.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 04SE

The prices were as follows:

Valvoline (Dino) - $19.00

Canadian Walmarts are selling Valvoline conventional for just $9.88 per 5L jug starting Friday Sept 16th (until next Thursday)

PP in the 5 qt jug is 18.88 at my Wally World, while the Motorcraft Blend which I normally use has gone up to over 16.00 for the 5 qt jug. Makes the PP a steal.

Originally Posted By: Bud
PP in the 5 qt jug is 18.88 at my Wally World, while the Motorcraft Blend which I normally use has gone up to over 16.00 for the 5 qt jug. Makes the PP a steal.

True...

Originally Posted By: Boss302fan
Originally Posted By: RF Overlord
Originally Posted By: Stewart Fan
5qts of Pennzoil Platinum is $18.75 at my WM. Picked up two jugs yesterday.
Man, it's $24.97 here...if I could still get it for $20 or less, I'd buy all they had...

Bought more yesterday at $18.75 for a 5 quart container here in Wi... I highly doubt there is a better oil for anything close to this price.

Same price here in Madison, WI, $18.75.

Originally Posted By: daves87rs

True...

Not really.

The small price difference between dino and synthetic will not stay for long. Dino oil prices in US are becoming more aligned with what Canadians have been paying for years and synthetics here go for roughly $10 a liter. So, if the same trend continues with synthetic oils (I don't see a reason why it wouldn't), you guys probably will be paying a lot more for synthetics as well.

The original price for Edge should be a good indicator
wink.gif

BTW, I just got nine 5L jugs of Valvoline white bottle for $9.XX per jug
grin2.gif

I STOPPED shopping there because they went up so high on oil prices..
That means my wife dont go either because i used to take her when i used to shop there for oil and that would cost me another $200-$300
So actually its best that they priced themseves out of the oil business i get to save a lot of money!

Originally Posted By: KrisZ

True...

Not really.

The small price difference between dino and synthetic will not stay for long. Dino oil prices in US are becoming more aligned with what Canadians have been paying for years and synthetics here go for roughly $10 a liter. So, if the same trend continues with synthetic oils (I don't see a reason why it wouldn't), you guys probably will be paying a lot more for synthetics as well.

wink.gif

grin2.gif

Oh, you guys just wait....

Originally Posted By: KrisZ

True...

Not really.

wink.gif

grin2.gif

for what?

A 5.1 Quart Jug of Valvoline Synpower is almost $30....Almost the same as the Castrol Edge with Syntec at $30.XX!

Castrol usually is the first to raise prices....then all the other Oil Companies follow.

IMO...I'd rather see high motor oil prices and lower prices of gasoline at the pump. IMO...The vast majority of people would not notice if an Oil Change, with the fabulous 19 point inspection, was $125 - $150 twice a year. They will still be satisfied with the good warm feeling of clean oil in the sump.

IMO...What the consumer really notices is the price of gasoline at the pump when they fill up. So higher motor oil prices and lower gasoline prices makes sense.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
What unusual about WM pricing on oil is Valvoline Synpower priced higher Mobil 1, $29 vs $25 for 5-qt jug. Who would pay more for Synpower ?

Originally Posted By: lexus114
[

for what? [/quote]

Your guys price increases...still more profit to be made up there...
wink.gif

The Wal-Mart here is fair...the cheapest brand name oil is QS, and it's going for $12.94/5qt. Next in line is Havoline at $13.24 and then Mobil Super at $13.64.

I wouldn't mind paying $13 for the Quaker State. I usually hog up my oils when the sales go at AAP. The guys are pretty used to seeing my face in every week or so, as I usually get different oils and different rebates with them.

I bought out (almost) their entire stock of QSUD when it went on sale for $3.99/qt, and with that $7 MIR brings it to about $13.95+tax for an oil change of full synthetic.

Can't beat that!

Originally Posted By: zerosoma
The Wal-Mart here is fair...the cheapest brand name oil is QS, and it's going for $12.94/5qt. Next in line is Havoline at $13.24 and then Mobil Super at $13.64.

I wouldn't mind paying $13 for the Quaker State. I usually hog up my oils when the sales go at AAP. The guys are pretty used to seeing my face in every week or so, as I usually get different oils and different rebates with them.

I bought out (almost) their entire stock of QSUD when it went on sale for $3.99/qt, and with that $7 MIR brings it to about $13.95+tax for an oil change of full synthetic.

Can't beat that!

Yeah went and looked a prices and noticed how much everything went up. I'm glad that I loaded up on the $2/qt specials at O'Rielly and AAP. Once those run out, idk what I will switch too. Looks like PP due to it being $19

Originally Posted By: moto94536
so walmart sell 5qt Havoline 5w20 for $13.24 ??

Depends on you area....

Depends on your cashier....
wink.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back