Walmart raising oil prices

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbm

I was in Wallyworld this morning and they were changing prices as I strolled the oil aisle.
PYB 5 qt. jug went from 14.50 to 15.57 (I think).
QSUD went from 19. to 19.53.
I can't remember all the changes but they all went up between 50 cents to over a dollar per 5 qt. jug.
I didn't notice the rise in single quart prices but there was one.

Screw WM. I'm so glad that I took advantage of the AA sale on M1EP earlier this year.

I dislike WallyWorld as much as anyone, but you benefit from them even if you don't buy there. They certainly exert a downward influence on oil prices throughout the market.

Oh, this is just the beginning. Just wait until the truck drivers stop delivering goods and products to the stores because they simply can not afford the fuel. Prices will really go through the roof then. I sure am glad I stocked up on oil and filters last year when they were on sale. I have enough on hand for the next 18 months to 2 years, depending on how much I drive. Maybe things will be better by the time my stash runs out.

Dang, and I just brought back three jugs that I didn't need (could have made more money off of them!)

I get that the everyday price at walmart is better than most auto parts stores however they all have sales and most times their sales are better than walmart prices.

I just scored 4 cases of resolute oil for 1.35 a quart. It's got the API SM and GF4 certs on it so as far as I'm concerned it should do 5K to 6.5K with no issues.

Its just few cent different, no need to sweet about ^^. Not only oil price went up, gas, foods, just gotta cut back on something to make up for somthing, that how economy is, up and down, down and up. Event gas went up to 5 dollar, I stil gonna buy it, no matter how cry and complaint to the price, they will have to buy it anyway. Cause I aint walking, riding bike, riding horse to work ^^

50 cents! That's lucky. Most of us won't be that lucky. Already knew this was coming...

When I can tell you that you're not fat from QSUD being 26 bucks/jug @ WM by the end of the summer/early fall, that should give you an idea how prices are really going to be....

And it's not oil I'd be worried about it...

Originally Posted By: Jimmy9190
Oh, this is just the beginning. Just wait until the truck drivers stop delivering goods and products to the stores because they simply can not afford the fuel. Prices will really go through the roof then.
Alarmist

Originally Posted By: quietriot
where else is there to shop? and all prices are going up.

Target. I comparison shop quite a bit, and can often find better deals at Target than walmart and by deals I mean everyday prices... not sales.

Also walmart loves to try to pull the wool over everyone's eyes. I can't even begin to count the times that I've looked at their economy size of product X and compared the price per unit to the regular size and found the economy size to be more expensive per unit of volume/weight etc.

See? They've lured us in with low oil prices and now they're jacking them up. It's a plot I tell ya, a plot.

As cheap is oil is compared to other maintence costs and fuel it won't effect my habits any. I will still run the same oci and buy the quality products. If there's a good sale or clearance I will still grab it

they do that from time to time then realize that the dust builds up on the oil bottles and there are fewer people coming in to buy oil and they lose the oil sale plus anything else the person buys...when i go there my wife wants to go with me and buys all kind of other things... Now that the price is up i wont go there for oil and filters and she wont waste money on things we don't need its a win win situation for me, i use the conoco out of the drums at the shop when the price goes up the uoa's are just as good and many times better

It's times like this your stash comes in handy and you keep your eye out for deals in the meantime while you don't necessarily find the best deal for what you'd like the most.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back