Oil pricing at WalMart

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took a walk down the oil aisle at WalMart tonight and ended up with some questions.

5qt jug of Pennzoil: $12
5qt jug of Pennzoil HM: $12
Same price? Most HM oils I've seen are more expensive than the same brand regular stuff.

5qt jug of Maxlife syn blend: $17
I used the Maxlife blend several years ago, and it was a good oil. But is the Maxlife really worth $5 more than the Pennzoil HM?

5 qt jug of QS: $15
5 qt jug of QS HM: $15

I thought that Pennzoil was the premium offering in the SOPUS lineup, with Quaker State playing second string. Quaker State is priced $0.20 qt less than Pennzoil in quarts, but is $3 more than YB in the 5 qt jugs.
54.gif

what a loser...scoping out oil prices...i do it every week...that is a good deal, pennz HM for 12$...i might use that next time...still out of M1 in NH

I was happy. I got some Pennzoil Platinum in a 5 qt. bottle for $23.00. That is less than $5.00 a qt. The Mobil 1 in 1 qt. bottles was something like $6.57 a qt. or so. Can't go too wrong with Pennzoil Platinum especially for the wintertime. Then I went to AutoZone and got a Bosch oil filter element for a little over 5 bucks.

I think I will just stick to Pennzoil Platinum all year long now. Except when I do an Auto-RX cleaning and then I will use either Pennzoil regular or Valvoline regular oil.

I am going to use Pennzoil Platinum 10W30 in my lawnmower.

Speaking of Lawnmowers... I Use AMSOIL SS0 in our snow blower and man does it start and run easy in the frigid cold temps... It's a great oil!

Last week I paid $24.00 for 5qt jug of PP 5W20 and $13.00 for the 5qt jug of Maxlife 5W30. The Maxlife was $2.00 less then Pennzoil HM 5W30.

I use Mobil 1 HM 10W30 in my lawnmower.

I was in Walmart last night (again!), PP 5w20 5qt jug was $23.

So I look down, and see the PP 5w20 quarts, $4.01 each.

So I can buy 5qts of the same stuff for $20.05 or $23... hmmm, let me think about that
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Keto
I was in Walmart last night (again!), PP 5w20 5qt jug was $23.

So I look down, and see the PP 5w20 quarts, $4.01 each.

So I can buy 5qts of the same stuff for $20.05 or $23... hmmm, let me think about that
wink.gif

I can get better when done with the current $6 rebate thrown in.
wink.gif

Last edited:
keto, you are getting hooked...thanks for heads up on PP qt prices, i didnt even bother to look tonite at qts...that is a great deal if accurate...pp and M1 are best IMO

prices are the same as the original poster here in MI yesterday...bought the Pennz HM and filled out the rebate form to send in tomorrow. $6 for 5 quarts...NICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back