Walmart raising oil prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the oil prices are going up because of the SN/GF-5 new specs as well as crude oil prices going thru the roof.

I saw that ST was $10.88 (for all but 10W-40 which was $10.12) up from $10 today.

was at a St. Paul area Walmart tonight. PYB went up to 15.64/jug. Mobil Super 5k is still at 11.50 (5/20) or 12.00. Super Tech Synthetic is actually either the same price or a BIT higher than the QSUD jug (which went up .50).

We can understand him so i dont think he is so bad and he did say English is his third language so that accounts for something. I have read a few of his posts and i understand him just fine

I was in Walmart today and noticed oil prices had went up as well. (They're no longer making oil prices even, adding a lot of random cents to the price.)

I'm glad I stocked up on $1.24 a quart Citgo Syn Blend and $1.35 a quart Resolute Oil. I'm fine with 5-6K oil changes on these oils.

The thing that's went up the most is 134A refrigerant.

I remember a can used to be somewhere in the ballpark of $2-$3... they now want $10.xx for a can of it at walmart.

I know I read about a shortage of it but man... didn't know it would be so expensive.

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
We can understand him so i dont think he is so bad and he did say English is his third language so that accounts for something. I have read a few of his posts and i understand him just fine

I think CamaroT56 communicates just fine. I'm even more impressed that English is his 3rd language.
Many Americans can't spell as well as him nor can they communicate as well.

As far as 'crying' about oil price hikes...I wasn't.
I was just stating a fact about oil on an oil forum.

As long as our government continues to print dollars like crazy the prices of everything will continue upwards....Our standard of living will (has) head downwards.

Originally Posted By: pbm
crazyoildude said:
As long as our government continues to print dollars like crazy the prices of everything will continue upwards....Our standard of living will (has) head downwards.

This is called "monetizing the debt". The government is doing this intentionally so that it is easier to pay the monstrous debt they've accumulated. Unfortunately, this practice simultaneously devalues every American's savings. So, buy now! Your dollars won't be worth nearly as much next year. My oil stash increased 20% yesterday as I found the last three jugs of M1 0W-30 still at $24.50 while all the rest of the M1 was up to $28.00. With 100 qts of syn on the shelves now, I should be good for a while.

Originally Posted By: Artem
Yea the future is deff going to be an interesting time, that's for sure.

For those of you who don't remember the last time this happened (after Jimmy Carter's disasterous policies), we saw interest rates hit 20%. This trip will be worse. I bought the house I live in today in 1985 and was thrilled to be able to get a 30 yr fixed mortgage at 13.25%. Lock 'er down today folks. Stock up on those valuable commodities that will keep such as motor oil and ammo.

Last edited:
I was at Wally's today and they have definitely raised their oil prices here where I live anyway. I use QS dino so I always check its price when I am at Wally's, they used to sell it for about $3.34 per quart. Today it was $3.86 IIRC. Their price on PYB dino was about $4.05 per quart IIRC.

I don't use the 5+ quart jugs so I don't ever really pay attention to Wally's price on those but I did see an end display full of Maxlife jugs for $17.00 and some change, close to $18.00 for a 5+ quart jug. Valvoline white bottle dino was $4.24 per quart, IIRC.

The odd thing is the telephone answering machine I went to Wally's to buy is on their website at $16.84 yet the price in the store today was $14.97.

Originally Posted By: Paulson
I know I read about a shortage of it but man... didn't know it would be so expensive.

It's because Dupont needs more money....

They're up at my local Wal-Mart.

Valvoline MaXlife is up to $17.88 per 5-quarts. I knew I should have bought some stash when it was $13.50...

Originally Posted By: Jimmy9190
The odd thing is the telephone answering machine I went to Wally's to buy is on their website at $16.84 yet the price in the store today was $14.97.
Great illustration of the Gov Price Index calculation gimmick. They report the inflation numbers excluding food and energy. The core as they are defined is what we buy more frequently than computers and phone answering machines. In fact, we buy the core on perpetual basis.

The 5 qt. jug of Motorcraft went from $14.00 to $14.87 in the 5/20 viscosity. The real shocker for me was Mobil Delvac 1300. $12.87 from $9.00. This was at one of my local Wally World stores

Everything is up here in North Texas too. I just got back from WalMart a little bit ago. I picked up a 5 qt jug of the new NextGen Max Life and it was $17.88. I'm mailing in for the $10 MIR, so for $7.88 it's not bad for 5 qts.

Max Life ATF was also up, $4.44/qt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back