Mobil Oil & Wal-Mart

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only ExxonMobil products carried in Wal-Mart is either Mobil Clean 5000 or one of many M1 synthetic products. All of the other oil brands (PZ, QS, Castrol, Valvoline, etc.) have conventional oil, HM oil, synthetic blends and then a high-end synthetic. It appears that ExxonMobil just wants the basic conventional oil (MC 5000) and then a large area of synthetics.

Is it just the local Wal-Marts in NC that allocates their shelf space this way or is it all Wal-Marts? It is an interesting strategy on the part of XOM.

I am asking because I was looking for a Mobil (conventional) HM oil for an old pickup. I ended up buying QS HM for $13 / 5 qts.

That's what I've seen too at all the Walmart's I've been to. Just MC5000 and all types of Mobil 1. I never seen Mobil conventional HM. Do they even make it?

Poor Havoline got dropped altogether, I can remmember when they dropped Motorcraft, clearenced all thier oils and then brought them back and dumped Havoline.

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
No Mobil Clean 7500 here. Supposed to be one of their best performing oils & better than M1 for moderate OCI.

Better than M1 for Moderate OCI? What is this Moderate OCI, and How and Why?

No Mobil 7500 here in Central Oregon either. Mobil now has shelf space across from all the other oils & carries all the Synthetics plus Mobil 5000.

For moderate OCIs, I would recommed Valvoline MaxLife Blend or Motorcraft Blend 5w30 or 10w30. Both are excellent HM oils.

Be sure to get a good filter (stay away from Frams), such as a Purolator PureOne or Bosch Preminum (a PureOne Clone). Good oil with a cheap filter defeats the purpose. Walmart does not carry PureOnes or Bosch, so try AZ or O'reilly's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back