VOA - High Performance Lubricants HP SAE 30 EF (Engine Flush) Oil

I got a virgin sample of High Performance Lubricants 30 grade flush oil. This is an ester oil intended to be blended 25-50% with another oil for short intervals to slowly clean a dirty engine. The add pack is fairly robust. The KV100 is just barely a 30 grade by design to make it useful with blending with 20 or 30 grade oils. I'm currently running this at 50% concentration in my KA24E.

Elemental Analysis

Fe - 2
Cr - 0
Ni - 0
Al - 5
Cu - 0
Pb - 1
Sn - 1
Cd - 0
Ag - 0
V - 0

Si - 7
Na - 1
K - 1

Ti - 0
Mo - 97
Sb - 0
Mn - 0
Li - 0
B - 254

Mg - 542
Ca - 3264
Ba - 0
P - 1042
Zn - 1134

KV100 = 9.4 cSt
TBN = 9.23
Oxidation = 113
Nitration = 11

High Performance Lubricants HP SAE 30 Engine Flush Rerun - Redacted.jpg

Metallic detergents like calcium and magnesium are added to keep particles in suspension so they don't "deposit" themselves inside the engine. For this application (a cleaning oil) they are probably a good thing, but like all engineering problems, it's a balancing act. Adding too much of a good thing is still too much. When calcium and magnesium are burned they produce ash which can lead to deposits on pistons and ring lands and other sensitive places.

Is your KA in a 240sx or hardbody truck?
I'm going to run this engine flush in my VH45DE that I'm about to put in my 240SX. It has quite the varnish on the inside and some harder, gritty what I'm assuming is carbon as well stuck in the nooks and crannies. I'm assuming this is from running some cheap oil and probably not changing it often enough.
3AjxJAj.jpg

It's not on the website currently. You can call to order or put BITOG15FLUSH coupon code to replace 1 quart in your order with flush oil.

Where is the product on their website? I couldn't find it, though I may have overlooked it ...

I’ve noticed you’ve done a couple of VOAs of their products and wanted to say thank you for doing so!

What would happen if you ran this stuff straight for say 5k miles instead of mixing it?

I’ve noticed you’ve done a couple of VOAs of their products and wanted to say thank you for doing so!

What would happen if you ran this stuff straight for say 5k miles instead of mixing it?

You wouldn't want to run it straight as it would be way too much ester. Once you start exceeding ~20% ester, wear protection starts becoming iffy since the ester can start compromising anti-wear tribofilms.

In the old days this may have been true, but I don’t think modern ester-based oils have this problem. Is this oil actually 100% Ester base oil?
You say once you exceed 20% there are problems, but high-performance oils like Redline and motul 300V are more than 20% ester, and they don’t cause engine problems.

In the old days this may have been true, but I don’t think modern ester-based oils have this problem. Is this oil actually 100% Ester base oil?
You say once you exceed 20% there are problems, but high-performance oils like Redline and motul 300V are more than 20% ester, and they don’t cause engine problems.
Yeah, to the point they advise NOT to mix with any other oil and drain as completely as possible prior to changing into their stuff.

Back