High Performance Lubricants BAS 5w-30 Racing Oil VOA

OVERKILL

$100 Site Donor 2021
Originally Posted by SubieRubyRoo
Originally Posted by Bailes1992
I always thought that anything more than 100ppm of Moly was a waste?
I'm pretty sure I remember reading in a research paper posted on here a while back that moly really doesn't start to show real friction reduction benefits until it is OVER 200 ppm. There were a couple other "benefits" to higher moly... as long as the base oil will keep it in suspension.
I believe that's for "conventional" moly. Tri-nuclear requires a significantly lower treat rate for the same level of effectiveness.

Originally Posted by RDY4WAR
Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Thank You RDY4WAR smile
I found it at Advanced Lubrication Inc. They sell it in 12 quart cases only for $164.34 (plus tax and shipping) which comes out to about $13.70/qt. 815-932-3288
Thank You kindly RDY4WAR smile

RDY4WAR

OAI reran the sample.

HPL Bad Ass Racing 5w-30 rerun.jpg

Originally Posted by SubieRubyRoo
I'm pretty sure I remember reading in a research paper posted on here a while back that moly really doesn't start to show real friction reduction benefits until it is OVER 200 ppm. There were a couple other "benefits" to higher moly... as long as the base oil will keep it in suspension.
I thought it was the other way around. Lower doses give you friction modification, while the very high doses will also provide anti-wear. Don't mind me, though, since I haven't used an oil with any moly in the better part of a decade. wink