Virgin Fram XG6607 Cut Open

The newest FRAM Titanium FS9688 is the same media w/o wire screen . Just installed it few weeks ago . Hope it holds up .

If your engine is shedding enough material to fill this filter in one OCI, it isn't long for this world anyway.
Nope. It's too small. I live where its get 25 deg below C in the winter. Pushing viscous fluid through very limited area high efficiency media ain't happening. If there is a larger alternative, that's the smart choice.

The newest FRAM Titanium FS9688 is the same media w/o wire screen . Just installed it few weeks ago . Hope it holds up .
Oops , meant the Titanium FS7317 below is similar to the Ultra XG posted . Used a flashlight to shine on center tube and didn't notice wire mesh through louvers before installation . The inlet holes are tear drop shaped instead and the media may be the same , doesn't look to be updated at the FRAM site . If it is , the media of the TITANIUM is a Cellulose / Synthetic blend and the ULTRA being Synthetic .

IMG_0648.JPG

IMG_0653.JPG

Last edited:
Oops , meant the Titanium FS7317 below is similar to the Ultra XG . Used a flashlight to shine on center tube and didn't notice wire mesh through louvers before installation .
The inlet holes are tear drop shaped instead of oval and the media may be the same , doesn't look to updated at the FRAM site . If it is , the media of the TITANIUM is a Cellulose / Synthetic blend and the ULTRA being Synthetic .
Not a surprise that the Titanium is now going non-wired backed just like the Ultra did. It's been reported on some models now for awhile that the media is not wire backed.

The new non-wire backed Ultra is not full "synthetic" media ... it says right on Fram's website that it's a "synthetic blend". My bet is the media in the non-wire backed Titanium filters is the same as the non-wire backed Ultra.

1685560135575.png

Last edited:
9 months old .

This has Cellulose / Synthetic blend

AND

Video is 18 days old . The media looks to be a cellulose / synthetic blend , not synthetic only .

Last edited:
9 months old .

This has Cellulose / Synthetic blend

AND

Video is 18 days old . The media looks to be a cellulose / synthetic blend , not synthetic only .

Yup, looks like only the XG2 is the hold-out with the old wire-backed media.

Stubby looking filter. It looks great though! I see the missing gasket you were talking about. Can't use it w/o a gasket...so thanks for the pics.

Still have not dug into this new fram set-up but I think the line up goes like this...

• PH - 10k
  • TG - 15k
  • Ultra - 20k
  • Endurance - 25k - BUT it's only an "Exclusive Wal-mart" item
Fram now has an oil filter for every need and every budget. What can they possibly come out with next?🙄

Back