Vic Debetto tests drives a Corvette

This Scotty Kilmer video states the Corvette is better than a Super Duty for hitting a deer. As much as he is unliked, he might have a point. Scotty also discusses the challenges of getting in and out of the car.

I'm 6'2 and even being young I hate most sedans/coupes "cars", you're way too low to the ground to start with and then usually I have to sit with the seat pushed all the way back which sets you behind the b-pillar so when you go to get out you're not only too low to the ground you're awkwardly twisting yourself around the b-pillar.

I'm 6'2 and even being young I hate most sedans/coupes "cars", you're way too low to the ground to start with and then usually I have to sit with the seat pushed all the way back which sets you behind the b-pillar so when you go to get out you're not only too low to the ground you're awkwardly twisting yourself around the b-pillar.
I'm 6'2" and old. I have to do a controlled fall into my Mercedes convertible which is low to the ground. Getting out, I have to use my left hand to push on the bottom of the door frame. I'm just happy I can do it.Lol

I am 6'1" and 62 years old and in reasonably good health about 190 lbs and have no issues getting out of my 991.1 and 2021 Cayman S. But if your 50-100lbs and have some health issues I could see how that is a problem. Some people don't realize everything is a compromise and expect too much

I am 6'1" and 62 years old and in reasonably good health about 190 lbs and have no issues getting out of my 991.1 and 2021 Cayman S. But if your 50-100lbs and have some health issues I could see how that is a problem. Some people don't realize everything is a compromise and expect too much
Glad your body is strong at 62. I am not overweight, and reasonably fit. Yet I struggle just bending over to wash my face in the morning- lots of pain. Guess you have much better aging genes then most people your age.

It's a pain getting in and out of our 17 Regal GS and 08 Malibu LTZ, knees hurt and cars sit too low. :LOL:

I’m 6’4” and 230 and at 71…I feel his pain…especially in this thing!

Attachments

• IMG_2280.jpeg
    IMG_2280.jpeg
    140.8 KB · Views: 7
My BMW is low to the ground. Since I'm the only driver I set memory position 2 at the highest it will go. Helps getting in and out and I can exit gracefully without looking like a gimp. Just return it to my preferred position 1 when driving.

You don't realize the stress even 20 lbs puts on your body. I carry 40lb bags of salt pellets for the water softener and my knees and shoulders start aching.

A neighbor came over last week in his restored 1965 Porsche 356. I managed to contort myself to get in it. I'm fit, limber, but too tall to squeeze into that little car comfortably. I literally leaned over and crawled out at the end of the ride. Much easier than trying to squeeze my feet past the A-pillar.

My modern sportscar is easy to get in and out of in comparison.

Not there yet, hopefully not for a few decades.

Unfortunately, the wife and I are in agreement, next vehicle to get will likely be a CUV, to be a backup to our current CUV, as our son is disabled and his getting in our sedans is a bit like as stated here: a controlled crash.

Back