Picked up a 2010 crown vic

Picked up this nice 2010 Crown Vic police interceptor the other day. Been on the look out for a while for a clean one then this one came up. It’s not perfect by any means but overall it’s in great shape. It’s got 130k miles and 2877 hours on it. I already threw some Valvoline high mileage semi synthetic in it and plan on changing all the fluids and filters that I can. It already had a brand new air filter in it, picked up a fuel filter today and I have a serpentine belt, tensioner pulley assembly, idler pulley and spark plugs on order. Also looks like it’s gonna need some tires soon too. Spent half a day decontaminating the paint as it was full of iron fallout. Can’t wait to get to tinkering with it. I’ve always liked these cars and always wanted one. Hopefully it’ll serve me well for a couple of years.

IMG_3302.jpeg
IMG_3303.jpeg
IMG_3305.jpeg
IMG_3301.jpeg
IMG_3297.jpeg

So for you, or anyone else that’s had one before, anything to look out for or things that need to be taken care of first?

I've had three of these, I loved them all, but I would definitely do a transmission service and if yours doesn't already have a drain plug replace the trans pan with an aftermarket one with a drain plug. Then do a spill and fill every 30K. No need to change the filter again.

SWEET. I get excited about any ex police interceptor model. Especially the Fords. Those cars had a fantastic run of many years for the public and The Law. Their cousin cars from Mercury are hot stuff too with the right set ups.

Reactions: NO2
Nice purchase!

I own a 2008 Crown Vic still, same exact model and color as yours. I drive it 450 to 500 mi a week. Currently at 178,000 it's just a great car 🍻

I'll also say it's a common misconception that the plastic intake manifold was fixed completely and doesn't leak on the later years. As a matter of fact I just replaced mine a few months back. So yes they can like, it is less common but it can happen! If you ever do need one they don't make the Ford part anymore for the Crown Vic specifically, however the mustang GT 1999 to 2004 part is essentially the same.

Couple other common issues are the blend door located in the dash, cheap part kind of a bear to replace. I also had to replace the windshield wiper motor which was expensive for what it is but easy to replace. Other than that no unusual failures I've had with the car in the last 7 years.

Here's a pic of ours, we don't live in Iowa anymore thank goodness 😁

Attachments

• IMG_20230413_084345056_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230413_084345056_HDR.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 22
Spark plug ejection is not an issue in 2010. Actually 2004+ for sure. (some casting numbers on 2003 had the 8 threads.)

Intake manifolds are an issue.

I liked your comment about you were hoping it would serve you well for a couple of years. If you keep it from rusting you could rephrase that and say a couple of decades.

Spark plug ejection is not an issue in 2010. Actually 2004+ for sure. (some casting numbers on 2003 had the 8 threads.)

Intake manifolds are an issue.

I liked your comment about you were hoping it would serve you well for a couple of years. If you keep it from rusting you could rephrase that and say a couple of decades.

I'm in south Louisiana so rust shouldn't be an issue. The under side is clean. I was actually surprised when I got it up on the ramps to change the oil at just how clean it was. Not a single wet spot of oil or anything.

I got a cylinder 4 misfire after washing the engine...even tho I was super care full and blew it all out with air the best I could. I didn't come up after the first start, which was strange. But I was able to clear it and it hasn't come back, but I do feel a slight hesitation when on light throttle at around 40-45 mph but not all the time. New plugs should be here Monday, so when I change them I'm going to put that coil pack on a different cylinder to rule that out.

My wife thinks I'm crazy, but man I really like this car! It needs cruise control something bad tho, so I'm on the lookout of a replacement steering wheel with the cruise then all I'll have to do is enable it in IDS.

Also the back black trunk panel is cracked, but those seemed a little harder to track down.

Congrats on the purchase, that's a blast from the past (for me at least). My best buddy in high school had one, we rode together until I got my license and started driving myself.

Funnily enough, my first car was a white '95 Chevy Caprice with the police pkg, so we were both rocking LEO cars. I miss that car!

Back