Picked up a 2010 crown vic

Congrats on the purchase, that's a blast from the past (for me at least). My best buddy in high school had one, we rode together until I got my license and started driving myself.

Funnily enough, my first car was a white '95 Chevy Caprice with the police pkg, so we were both rocking LEO cars. I miss that car!
Ahh yes, the good ole LT1, great cars

Really? I thought newer ones were just not old enough yet
My experience with these great cars, have owned 4 grand marquis, a 1996 2003, 2006 and currently a 2010 . The manifold cracked on the 96 ,ford paid for the repair ,sold it to a friend who drove it untill it was stolen ,no more problems with-it untill then .The 2003 and 2006 I sold to same friend both have well over 200,000 miles now , they are his daily drivers ,no major repairs on either .My 2010 is my last ,now has 72000 miles no problems .I base my conclusion on this .I don't think age was a factor, they were constructed of a composite material that did not hold up .

My experience with these great cars, have owned 4 grand marquis, a 1996 2003, 2006 and currently a 2010 . The manifold cracked on the 96 ,ford paid for the repair ,sold it to a friend who drove it untill it was stolen ,no more problems with-it untill then .The 2003 and 2006 I sold to same friend both have well over 200,000 miles now , they are his daily drivers ,no major repairs on either .My 2010 is my last ,now has 72000 miles no problems .I base my conclusion on this .I don't think age was a factor, they were constructed of a composite material that did not hold up .
2001 my son has manifold broke, my 01 f150, nearly the same motor, needed replacement too. Both around 150k

Great car, congratulations.

A few years back my in-laws bought a new Hyundai and they were only offered $500 for their 225,000 mile rust free Florida '00 Grand Marquis so I was tasked with selling it. It was in great shape and a one owner car with service records but it was not an easy sell.

I considered just keeping it but it was going to need tires soon and the cost of insuring it changed my mind. I eventually managed to sell it for $2000.
1699725268492.jpg

From dashboard-light.com . The Toyota Avalon has fantastic long term reliability. Buy one that has been well maintained and you have a keeper.

1703017405337.jpg

Where i worked as an FTO was a pretty rough district (North Side) and although i tried to take care of it as best i could, we really abused those CV almost twice a week. I absolutely loved mine. Smooth, powerful, reliable, spacious, handled well, and did i say reliable? I often washed and waxed mine on my dime.

Great score, OP.

****, I’m guessing I’m going to California when it’s time to sell mine. Mines in better shape than most of those and they are asking over double what I paid.
Just make sure you beat on it hard for at least 150k first then send it to them for "refurbishment". Somehow I think that you'll see it listed for $19k a couple days later but you'll only be getting a fraction of that money... You know the "cost of doing business". I've told myself a long time ago that I'd NEVER buy an ex cop car ever! Seen way too many belching out black smoke out of the exhaust to know they're not in good shape. I've been a sucker on many things but I'll not be a sucker on that. :ROFLMAO:

Back