Vespa GTS 300 HPE - Oil Specs Question

I like Robot's videos actually, never owned a Vespa. But from watching him it's clear that the Vespa's require more care and effort over the life of the scooter. Nothing that would stop me buying one though.

I like the steel body, and they seem fairly compact for a 300cc. And even though you are paying for the name, Piaggio seems to put a scooter together pretty darn well. I'm curious your thoughts after you get it and have some time to enjoy.
I picked it up day before yesterday, and I've put just over 100 miles on it. So far, I am pleasantly surprised. Handles better than I expected. Stable at speed but very maneuverable. Balanced overall and corners well. Obviously different than traditional motorcycles, but I would say that it handles better than the few other scooters I've ridden. Still doing the engine break-in so I haven't pushed it much, but has plenty of pep for around town for sure.

Vespa.jpeg

I like the steel body, and they seem fairly compact for a 300cc. And even though you are paying for the name, Piaggio seems to put a scooter together pretty darn well. I'm curious your thoughts after you get it and have some time to enjoy.

I’ve had it for about a month now and recently did the first oil change. I’m enjoying it more than I thought I would. It’s got enough zip to feel very comfortable around town and even on rural roads. It would not be my first choice for long interstate trips, but it is more capable than I expected. It does 0 to 60 and about 11 seconds and has been averaging about 77 miles per gallon. I’ve had it up to about 70 mph but have not tested for top speed. It’s more stable than I expected and handling seems predictable and good for a small wheel scooter. So far I’m very pleased with it.

I’ve had it for about a month now and recently did the first oil change. I’m enjoying it more than I thought I would. It’s got enough zip to feel very comfortable around town and even on rural roads. It would not be my first choice for long interstate trips, but it is more capable than I expected. It does 0 to 60 and about 11 seconds and has been averaging about 77 miles per gallon. I’ve had it up to about 70 mph but have not tested for top speed. It’s more stable than I expected and handling seems predictable and good for a small wheel scooter. So far I’m very pleased with it.
That's pretty respectable numbers. My Honda Reflex is 250cc, but 70MPG is about as good as it gets. Does wind up to 85MPH quite nicely though, very stable at that speed too. I think my lower MPG (compared to yours) is due to mine being carbureted, considerably bigger, and being 21 years old.

Also, Vespa parts are sometimes hard to get. But this Genuine scooter is mechanically a twin of the Vespa. They literally use the same engine/drivetrain. So if you ever need parts, and Vespa says it will be 6-24 months in shipping, then get in touch with Genuine Scooter Company. They have a great dealer network in US, and since two scooters are exactly the same - most of the parts are interchangeable. Allegedly. But that only applies to drivetrain/powertrain parts. Obviously body panels are a little different.

Screenshot_20220801-002230_(1).png

Back