Vehicles they no longer make that I miss (and would possibly buy) if still made

'87 MB 190E 2.3-16
'92 Porsche 968 6spd
'64-65 Falcon Ranchero 289/4spd
'96-00 Panoz AIV Roadster
'96-98 Lincoln MK VIII (but with a manual instead of the 4spd auto).

Honda Element with all the safety tech but none of the fluff so it could sell for $25k or less. Keep the open doors and hose it out feature they used to advertise. Use the recent GM ad with the guy locking muddy friends out of his truck in reverse to get outdoorsy and young market buyers.

Honda Accord coupe.

SAAB

Pontiac G8 GXP
Chevy SS

Same car essentially, but reasons for either model. Really, the last of the naturally aspirated, large V8 powered, manual trans muscle sedans, and because of the platform they were actually quite agile. More of a katana compared to the Hellcat bludgeons…
I wanted a G8 GXP so much, I was driving a used Grand Prix GTP (I had wanted one for years, and loved it) when those came out but just could not afford the price tag of the G8 at the time. A Chevy SS would have been fun too.

1. Toyota FJ40 with the later 4.5 liter DOHC engine and a 5 speed
2. 3rd Gen 4Runner with current 4.0liter V-6 4Runner engine
3. 1986-1992 Honda CRXsi/ Civic Si with current 1.5 liter turbo

British Leyland MGB

40879929-1980-mg-mgb-thumb.jpg

With the new fourth generation Coyote V8 under the hood and the latest tech, a long-wheelbase, 4-door Mustang would surely find many new fans. Combining 480 hp / 415 lb-ft with a spacious sedan body, the Mustang-based Crown Victoria in this render from Instagram artist JLord8 is a great idea waiting to happen.

1691422912736.jpg

Interesting ... but if it every happened I'm sure it'll cost an arm and a leg :(

With the new fourth generation Coyote V8 under the hood and the latest tech, a long-wheelbase, 4-door Mustang would surely find many new fans. Combining 480 hp / 415 lb-ft with a spacious sedan body, the Mustang-based Crown Victoria in this render from Instagram artist JLord8 is a great idea waiting to happen.

View attachment 171391

Interesting ... but if it every happened I'm sure it'll cost an arm and a leg :(
Does this rendering show dimensions similar to Barbie (not actually possible)?!

Honda Element, Olds Cutlass Supreme coupe and convertible, Accord Coupe manual trans and Pontiac Grand Prix

Last edited:
Back