Valvoline Restore & Protect 5w-30 (Gonna Take a Chance)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although I’m a Valvoline fan, this seems like BS. If a motor oil can clean pistons as they’ve shown in the advertisement, that engine is getting a tremendous amount of oil past the piston rings. If someone does use it, keep a close eye on your oil level. I’ll just keep using the plain Valvoline Advanced. This has my radar up. When kooky things start happening in an oil company they might be grasping at straws to find a profit.

Although I’m a Valvoline fan, this seems like BS. If a motor oil can clean pistons as they’ve shown in the advertisement, that engine is getting a tremendous amount of oil past the piston rings. If someone does use it, keep a close eye on your oil level. I’ll just keep using the plain Valvoline Advanced. This has my radar up. When kooky things start happening in an oil company they might be grasping at straws to find a profit.
Can the same be said about HPL and their oils? I don’t think so but what’s the difference?

Giulietta diesel ? So OEM is 22k … ?

Yes 35k km (about 22k miles) or 2 years. However, if I do less than 9000 km per year, the oil should be changed yearly. I can see why: short tripping and lots of potential for soot loading the dpf followed by excessive regens.

There's a crude oil monitor that could reduce the oil change interval, but it never has for me

Reactions: 4WD
Screenshot_20231231-092235.jpg

New = Bad.

Understood.

That’s a stretch. You must not have enough technical ability to understand how that oil could clean ring lands. That oil is also making it into the combustion chamber and the engine is burning that oil.

U guys are making me nervous like this new oil needs to prove itself. Maybe I should take it back and get something that’s been around awhile. I think they probably just tweaked the EP package aliitle and gave it a new name.
Stress is good. What does the oil cost ?

That’s a stretch. You must not have enough technical ability to understand how that oil could clean ring lands. That oil is also making it into the combustion chamber and the engine is burning that oil.
Thats interesting because a lot of people on here, myself included, has used or is currently using HPL oil that have had great results cleaning the ring lands with no reports of having tremendous oil consumption due to the cleaning that I’m aware of. Am I mistaken to believe that stuck rings actually increases oil consumption because of carbon build-up and that cleaning lessens it?

Don't be condescending, you don't know me.

I've already commented about ring cleaning and/or stuck rings earlier in this thread or the other Valvoline R&P thread. Try harder. Regardless of what oil is being used, it would get ingested under vacuum if the rings are stuck from carbon. Your comment suggested people would have to check because they were using restore, rather than it being a normal practice for an oil burner.

Your post also sounded like a conspiracy theory that Valvoline is trying to dupe people. They used a sequence test and the piston photos are the actual results of testing. Some base oils are known to clean carbon (ANs, certain esters), and Valvoline has patents on carbon cleaning oil formulas. They have the knowledge (premium blue restore, patents, formula 1) to formulate a complete, high performing oil that prevents and even cleans deposits.

No reason to doubt the claims of carbon removal in 4 service intervals

Valvoline probably buys the base oils from Mobil 1, wasn't Mobil 1 the first to claim their oils clean the engine.. Just asking a question?

I guess piston skirts are now located above the ring pack.

Understood.
What are you going on about?

Does it not show the ring land and skirt being cleaned?

Don't be condescending, you don't know me.

I've already commented about ring cleaning and/or stuck rings earlier in this thread or the other Valvoline R&P thread. Try harder. Regardless of what oil is being used, it would get ingested under vacuum if the rings are stuck from carbon. Your comment suggested people would have to check because they were using restore, rather than it being a normal practice for an oil burner.

Your post also sounded like a conspiracy theory that Valvoline is trying to dupe people. They used a sequence test and the piston photos are the actual results of testing. Some base oils are known to clean carbon (ANs, certain esters), and Valvoline has patents on carbon cleaning oil formulas. They have the knowledge (premium blue restore, patents, formula 1) to formulate a complete, high performing oil that prevents and even cleans deposits.

No reason to doubt the claims of carbon removal in 4 service intervals
You get what you give Hoss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back