Valvoline Restore & Protect 5w-30 (Gonna Take a Chance)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah no website availability yet. I picked one up from AutoZone. The shelf Val EP was marked down to 30.

Hah! I admire your confidence but alas:

View attachment 194236View attachment 194237

I only accept payment in Valvoline Restore and Protect™, bratwursts, and dinosaur-themed s

Hah! I admire your confidence but alas:

View attachment 194236View attachment 194237

I only accept payment in Valvoline Restore and Protect™, bratwursts, and dinosaur-themed socks.
Somebody is in more denial that Tony or Liv Soprano....

Still waiting for one single person to say "this upsets me"

Arrived - with oil filter bundle - did not need an oil filter but they cut my air filter price by that amount …

IMG_9538.jpeg
IMG_9539.jpeg

It amazes me though how many people on here want something for nothing. You want something new and innovative or something that goes above your typical oil, then gripe about the price. Give me a break.
Skip even the “new” part. Too many people choose the absolute cheapest price only to B & moan when there’s a problem. Local/small businesses that actually care about their customers & provide awesome service are who we need to spend our money with. Otherwise, those companies can’t afford to go on, and then we as a community lose both good products AND good customer service.

This is why I’ve moved every single vehicle and engine (other than my slightly leaking original HG EJ251 Impreza) over to HPL. Incredible product, incredible customer service, incredible effort expended into our niche market.

I won’t apologize for promoting a company that gives me everything XOM, SOPUS, WM, or AMZN can’t or won’t. 👍🏻

Skip even the “new” part. Too many people choose the absolute cheapest price only to B & moan when there’s a problem. Local/small businesses that actually care about their customers & provide awesome service are who we need to spend our money with. Otherwise, those companies can’t afford to go on, and then we as a community lose both good products AND good customer service.

This is why I’ve moved every single vehicle and engine (other than my slightly leaking original HG EJ251 Impreza) over to HPL. Incredible product, incredible customer service, incredible effort expended into our niche market.

I won’t apologize for promoting a company that gives me everything XOM, SOPUS, WM, or AMZN can’t or won’t. 👍🏻
Ditto

Cause it probably is. Marketing is so wonderful.
Base oils, definitely. However, add pack is unique from what info is available.

I posted this in the other Valvoline thread:

"On the SDS, Pennsylvania right to know contains a line item for an Afton Chem HiTEC 11188 - 000000276110 PROPRIETARY. If you search the Afton website, you can find 11180 (ILSAC GF-5, D1G2), and 11181 & 11183 (D1G3 add packs). 11188 produces no results."

HiTEC 11188 has no links from Google search either.

I'll join the party. I bought some today. First time I've seen it on the shelves. I'm going to use it in our 248K mile Honda Element. We bought it new and it's had 5K OCIs it's entire life, either 5W-30 Castrol Edge BB or Castrol Euro 0W-30. It only uses about 1/2 quart every OCI and has no seeps or leaks, so the motor is in great shape. In fact, everything is in great shape. Overall, our Element has been the best vehicle I've ever owned. I'd drive it 3,000 miles to the east coast tomorrow without any hesitation whatsoever. And back. I just thought I'd try this new oil in it.

Scott

PS It had over 200K on it in the picture. I take good care of my stuff.

IMG_8724.jpeg

IMG_0924.jpeg

Last edited:
Base oils, definitely. However, add pack is unique from what info is available.

I posted this in the other Valvoline thread:

"On the SDS, Pennsylvania right to know contains a line item for an Afton Chem HiTEC 11188 - 000000276110 PROPRIETARY. If you search the Afton website, you can find 11180 (ILSAC GF-5, D1G2), and 11181 & 11183 (D1G3 add packs). 11188 produces no results."

HiTEC 11188 has no links from Google search either.
I'm going to guess that the add-pack or whatever they're using to clean to that level is the special part of this oil.

Last edited:
It sounds like this should be used on an older dirtier engine and its 4 oil changes to get it to clean. So...not really for a new engine.

It sounds like this should be used on an older dirtier engine and its 4 oil changes to get it to clean. So...not really for a new engine.
For those who never want their engine to be dirty, perhaps its an option. I'm holding my breath until an oxidative value from a VOA shows that its not just another diet SP in the vast sea of SP's.

i’m running 4 quarts of it in 5w-30 flavor with 1 quart of HPL EC30 in the wife’s 03 accord 2.4l. hasn’t blown up yet and the oil is still decently clean. using a fram FE7317 with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back