Valvoline Maxlife Synthetic 10w-30

Status
Not open for further replies.
i like the looks of this oil a great deal. good bit of moly, mid to upper 30wt and a solid TBN. also has an extremely low NOACK of 7%. a sleeper oil if i've ever seen one. i believe the "high milegae" moniker steers some away.

IMG_0917.jpg

ValvolineMaxlifeSynthetic10w-30.jpg

I bought a 5 quart jug of the 10W-30 at Walmart last year for $22.50, it was the only jug they got in the shipment, and the only jug the store had received in about 6 months. It's going into my car next.

no prob! i've only found one area walmart that carries it. not sure what sets them apart but they have this, synpower 0w-20, rotella t5 and t6 as well as royal purple. none of the others do. i'm going to have to meet the automotive mgr sometime.

Have been a Valvoline Syn user for some time now. Since my vehicle moved over 75,000, on my last oil change I switched to Valvoline MaxLife Syn 5W30 (at 78,000). I will do a Oil Analysis between 5,000 to 6,000 miles and report results.

I'm curious why you decided to go with a 10W30, instead of 5W30. It seems you would have a little better start-ups with 5W30 in cold Ohio. Also what filter are you using?

Have been a Valvoline Syn user for some time now. Since my vehicle moved over 75,000, on my last oil change I switched to Valvoline MaxLife Syn 5W30 (at 78,000). I will do a VOA between 5,000 and 6,000 miles and report results.

I'm curious why you decided to go with a 10W30, instead of 5W30. It seems you would have a little better start-ups with 5W30 in cold Ohio. Also what filter are you using?

I wonder how well it compares to M1's High Mileage synthetic (?). That is what I was going to put in my two high mileage vehicles next, but I'm starting to think this stuff might be better. Hmm

never had a prob with 10w or even 15w, we rarely get into the single digits. i run NAPA or PureOne filters.

Canadian Tire up here USED to carry it.....not anymore!

You can't get it anywhere in Canada - just the blend.

The Mobil HM 10w-30 product is a real synthetic - so you get what you are paying for. Also the M1 has SL level of ZDDP and a mid HTHS. Is it a better lubricant?, cant answer that. The Thick 30wt syn of choice is typically M1 0w-40 with its supercar certifications. The Valvoline synthetic line is just Premium Unconventional Oil - what should be sold as a $3.50/qt product.

I want to see the blend version of this in 5W-30... Hmm. Maybe once I get another job and my first paycheck comes I'll get a kit from wearcheck and check it out.

You out of work too? I just interviewed this week re: working for the NSA. They Seemed to like me - maybe they were curios since I'm Ruskie

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
You out of work too? I just interviewed this week re: working for the NSA. They Seemed to like me - maybe they were curios since I'm Ruskie

I'm a teenager in high school. I worked for target seasonally from october to january.. Now I'm looking for something before I run out of gas money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back