Valvoline Advanced Synthetic 5W30 Users ?

I use either M1 or Valvoline Synthetic in my 4.0 Tacoma. I guess in 300k + miles I'll find out if the Valvoline was good or not
Have you tried Maxlife Full synthetic? My 4.0L doesn’t burn or leak any oil but since it’s got almost 100K I figure why not. Back when I had my beloved 3.4L I ran Mobil HM with 190K.

Have you tried Maxlife Full synthetic? My 4.0L doesn’t burn or leak any oil but since it’s got almost 100K I figure why not. Back when I had my beloved 3.4L I ran Mobil HM with 190K.
I haven't yet. But I've used M1 HM in my daughter's Yaris for 3 years now. Seems to like it. Recently I found some ML FS on sale. That will be the next OC on her car. So we'll see how it goes....which I'm sure will be fine, as every Toyota engine I've ever owned seem to not give 2 F's what oil was in it.

20201101_153641.jpg

I just hit 80k on the Taco. At some point in the next couple of OCs I plan to switch to a HM formula....probably M1....but maybe Valvoline....maybe both

For the first time I have Valvoline 5W-30 Advanced Synthetic in my car. I don't know if it's better than most but the engine idles so smoothly that I look at the tachometer to be sure it's running. It might just be the same with most other oils but I don't know this yet.

Look again. That should be g/cm³, not g/m³. I don't know whether it's Valvoline's error or yours.
Can't be mine ... those are screenshots of Valvoline's specification sheets. I didn't make those tables.

^^ Oil that's less dense than air might be difficult to keep down in a typical oil pan.
Must be a miracle oil since the KV100 and HTSH viscosity is still so good. :LOL:

It's obviously a typo by Valvoline.

Back