Valvoline Advanced Synthetic 5W30 SP Rated Even Better Now ?

*I've yet to see a virgin oil analysis of the new Valvoline Advanced 5W30 SP rated - I know ArcoGraphite and others here feel the former SN rated with it's Titanium content and low level of VII's may be the bet available synthetic you can readily find off the shelf at WM , etc. The former SN rated had a touch high ash content - if everything else remains close to the same , the new SP rated should be even lower in ash content that would make this oil even more of a winner (especially for GDI engine owners) ... Your thoughts on the new Valvoline Advanced 5W30 SP rated oil ?

I'm running the 5w20 Advanced in a Ford 2 liter with d.i. and 12:1 compression. Seems to be doing fine. I didn't like it seat of the pants until I added a 1/4 quart of Magnatec on top of it - just like I did with the old advanced 0W20 in the '17 Subaru FB2.0 The Maggie and Valvo seem to play well together some sort of synergy. The original Advanced 5W30 seem excellent with no augmentation in the Nissan Rogue QR25DE 4 banger.
For those who want data:

The older UOA data was Valvoline advanced 0W20 and Magnatec. I was extending the OCI by 50%
Looking now, I am surprised to see the SAME ti ppm on both. I see the visible DPAW seem similar

17crosstrek_UOA_112919_8199mi.jpg

I also heard a Castrol sticker on the window adds about 5HP.
I wasn't talking about power production I was talking about overall smoothness,
You could re-bottle Magnetec as an additive in 12 oz containers, call it something else and sell it for $5.99 and I bet
people all over the web would be singing its praises :)

Here’s a UOA from just a couple weeks ago.
Edited to add this is on the new extended protection, not the advanced. My mistake.

I wasn't talking about power production I was talking about overall smoothness,
You could re-bottle Magnetec as an additive in 12 oz containers, call it something else and sell it for $5.99 and I bet
people all over the web would be singing its praises :)
It's still be less non-sensical that people that dilute there sump with a quart of bright stock and think it's helping anything.

I'm running the 5w20 Advanced in a Ford 2 liter with d.i. and 12:1 compression. Seems to be doing fine. I didn't like it seat of the pants until I added a 1/4 quart of Magnatec on top of it - just like I did with the old advanced 0W20 in the '17 Subaru FB2.0 The Maggie and Valvo seem to play well together some sort of synergy. The original Advanced 5W30 seem excellent with no augmentation in the Nissan Rogue QR25DE 4 banger.
For those who want data:

The older UOA data was Valvoline advanced 0W20 and Magnatec. I was extending the OCI by 50%
Looking now, I am surprised to see the SAME ti ppm on both. I see the visible DPAW seem similar

View attachment 62692
*I use what I call the "ARCOgraphite Mix" which is 1 qrt. of either 0W20 Magnatec or 5W30 Magnatec to 4 qrts of what ever base syntheetic oil I am using (depending on vehicle) . I believe Magnatec is a bit too "gooey" used all by itself , but 1 qrt. added to a new fill seems to improve the butt dyno of what ever new fill I have performed.

Back