usual arrogant M1 tech response

Status
Not open for further replies.
i asked why m1 seems to be 25% more than SOPUS synthetics at wal mart...he said it is because M1 is the BEST oil on market and that if i want to buy good oil like pennzoil, QS or shell i can...i dont think m1 is worth the xtra money myself, even i though i like it a lot...QS full syn is only 17.48 at WM as opposed to 23.74 for m1..pennzoil platinum is 19.00...shell full synthetic is 21.99 for six quarts at BJs wholesale in new england as opposed to 36$ for six quarts of M1...i will use s the shell thank you very much

Marketing. That, and M1 pays his bills. Your company is always the best, if they sign your paycheck. Arrogant? Maybe smart, or he is doing his job?

i dont blame him...i bought M1 last change, but probably not agin till they come down...Mobil clean is lowest priced name brand at WM

I don't know what you were expecting him to say. Wouldn't you think that Mobil might monitor the conversations? I doubt if he would say: "Well, we at Mobil want to ruthlessly gouge the consumer". Quite frankly, Mobil, or whatever else, is worth what the public will pay for it, short of outright fraudulent products (which Mobil is not). JMHO.

Pennzoil YB consistently provides better wear results with 5k OCIs. You should tell him that.

So what do you expect the Tech to say?

M1 TECH: … "….well, our lighter weight M1 oils are kicking out high iron levels in many engines, … conventional oils provide better wear numbers for 5-6k miles or more, … and Valvoline is kicking our butt in the Sequence IIIB wear test …………….BUT, …using M1 makes you feel good!!!! …"

Tech then breaks out prerecorded song played for you over the phone line … "Whoa-oa-oa … I feel good, … da da da da da, …. I knew that I would, … da da da da da … I feel good ………" …..(James Brown).

55.gif

I wouldnt expect any tech person to give anything but a response like that...

M1 is more because it is the best. Pennzoil, valvoline, etc. are the same because it uses a better this or that (valvoline is claiming right now in fact to have 4x more AW adds).

So this means and proves nothing. Its not arrogant, its just standard fare.

JMH

Ive never been one to spend 25K on a car and then worry about what oil costs. If its good and I like it, I use it, price is really never in the equation..but thats me..

Last edited:
I'm basically repeating myself from an earlier (today) post -

I really want M1 0w20 for my long drain OCI (over M1 5w20 or PP 5w20). But it'll cost me some extra dollars. Now jump to another setting - my family (wife and three kids) are sitting in a restaurant - with one sentence - "you kids can have soft drinks" or "you kids are drinking water tonite" - that one sentence on one nite for colored water can wipe out most of my savings from an oil decision - for an oil that will be in my car for ONE YEAR.

I'm splurging and buying the oil I really want. If I have second thoughts later, then the kids get water next wk - and it all balances out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back