Used Beach Rental ATVs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went and bought a couple old Daytona Beach rental atvs today. I wasnt really in the market for any, but the price was right. They are Polaris 250 Trailblazers. They still have the Daytona beach passes on them(Expired 2006). They have been sitting in a locked storage yard for about three years, the owner sold the property and everything had to go. He said they ran when they parked them and quit the bussiness.One is a 2002, newer transmission cover, newer choke and instrument panel, like new stock tires, no cracks in fenders, nice shape and condition from a airplane, floor boards rusted clean off, alot of surface as well as some light pitting on the frame, 100% there and rolling, not running, pull the cord and it turns over nice alot of compression, feels good. The second one is a 1999, stock tires about 75%, 100% intact, the rust on this one looks like it went down with the Titanic and was recovered, Floorboards gone, frame heavily rusted, not through though. Thottle not working, most brackets on their last leg or GONE, fenders good as well as engine turns over nice with rope, tranny lever moves. I already got two Trailblazer 250s for my kids, so I bought them basically for parts, but the 2002 is repairable. Iam thinking these things cant be hurt much, wear wise. They only go up and down the beach, no jumping, 10 mph speed limit. I bought them both delivered to my door $535.00 total. going to clean the carbs and see if they will start, they are Great parts quads if nothing else, I cant seehow a guy could go wrong for $270 apiece. Whats your opinion. Anybody ever buy Beach rental quads. Incrediable how they rust out.

Last edited:
No they are not Rotax, I think thats Bombidier. They are simple two stroke engines, not even reed valve. They cant have any hard miles on them, just alot of crazy rust.

Polaris 2 stroke engines are sourced from Fuji Heavy Industries (Subaru/Robin).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back