US probes electronics in Toyota recall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: LS2JSTS
Originally Posted By: PT1
I see a government that owns 2 car companies attacking the competition.

GOOD! It's about time. Our Federal Government has been attacking Detroit wih stupid policies and regulation for 40 years. Let Toyota deal with them for a while.

I hate to break this to you but the UAW and the Government owns Detroit or at least 2/3 of it. Ford is really the last American auto company left.

Don't forget about the WOZ and his NON-RECALL sudden acceleration issue in his Prius.

Plays with the cruise buttons while on Cruise and off she goes but not everytime. On and off. But the pedal haas no Motor or Cable connection so the pedal WILL NOT MOVE unless depressed by foot and he does this feet off and has checked that the pedal is still up.

Not good.

That is a computer related issue of some king and Cruise does not apply 100% throttle.

Originally Posted By: Win
A cheapo non redundant setup probably will not play out very well in a courtroom when benchmarked against a better system like GM's.
Regarding redunancy I would assume the Toyota pedals are using this system.
Quote:
The non-contact revolution sensor has two hall ICs which detect the pedal revolution, and one of the hall ICs works as a safety sensor, providing high reliability.

Originally Posted By: LS2JSTS
I see a government that owns 2 car companies attacking the competition.

GOOD! It's about time. Our Federal Government has been attacking Detroit wih stupid policies and regulation for 40 years. Let Toyota deal with them for a while.

I hate to break this to you but the UAW and the Government owns Detroit or at least 2/3 of it. Ford is really the last American auto company left.

Actually, there isn't enough regulation. I dare say most of the economic problems in our country were caused by a lack of proper govt control. Toyota wouldn't even have been a problem if our govt would have been looking out for the working people here. Our industries can do anything theirs can.

I test software for a living and I can tell you that bugs are not always consistent. Sometimes they show themselves, other times they do not. I am leaning towards a software/firmware issue, not a metal spacer. Toyota is having problems in the two areas that ANY car manufacturer never wants problems- With throttles and brakes.

Good luck to Toyota, but I am also glad that the domestics are posting double digit sales figures in the wake of this! Good for them!

Originally Posted By: cousincletus
Actually, there isn't enough regulation. I dare say most of the economic problems in our country were caused by a lack of proper govt control. Toyota wouldn't even have been a problem if our govt would have been looking out for the working people here. Our industries can do anything theirs can.

Psssst

Too much regualtion and taxing has driven most of our Manufacturing offshore.

Also why doesnt the Japanese Gov regulate Toyota, all the R&D, Equipment design(to tool all their factories)etc is done over there.

Originally Posted By: KrisZ
I think OVERK1LL is right on the money, why should the American or Canadian worker take the blame for Japanese penny pinching, especially when there is no proof of supplier wrong doing.

Oversensitive, tell that to Toyota apologists trying to blame everybody but Toyota.

The quality of the US & Canadian supplier system is the reason. It's not the workers as the workers have no control over the situation.
33.gif
It is the management who will ship ONE batch of shoddy poor quality parts in order to make their numbers when the quality control people are telling them not to. This practice happens every day and is usually the root cause of recalls. No doubt it is the Cobalt issue as well. There is not 900,000 bad Cobalts...probably 2000. But since some do-do manager overrode the QA inspectors and shipped Delphi (or whoever) bad parts...now all 900,000 have to come back. The same goes for Toyota, Honda, GM, Ford Nissan basically all of them.

Originally Posted By: nthach
Maybe if Woz lays off the iPhone while he's driving... :smile:
Yeah...or the bag of gonja...
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: nthach
Maybe if Woz lays off the iPhone while he's driving... :smile:
Yeah...or the bag of gonja...
lol.gif

Hey, it's medicinal!
48.gif

Originally Posted By: KrisZ
I think OVERK1LL is right on the money, why should the American or Canadian worker take the blame for Japanese penny pinching, especially when there is no proof of supplier wrong doing.

Oversensitive, tell that to Toyota apologists trying to blame everybody but Toyota.

The quality of the US & Canadian supplier system is the reason. It's not the workers as the workers have no control over the situation.
33.gif
It is the management who will ship ONE batch of shoddy poor quality parts in order to make their numbers when the quality control people are telling them not to. This practice happens every day and is usually the root cause of recalls. No doubt it is the Cobalt issue as well. There is not 900,000 bad Cobalts...probably 2000. But since some do-do manager overrode the QA inspectors and shipped Delphi (or whoever) bad parts...now all 900,000 have to come back. The same goes for Toyota, Honda, GM, Ford Nissan basically all of them.

So Captain Toyota, what happens when it comes out that this is a programming issue and there was nothing "faulty" with the North American supplied parts, but rather some retard Japanese programmer?

Will you have the testicular fortitude to admit that your slamming of domestically sourced parts may have been a touch excessive?

Guess all the Hollywood Elite wont be driving Prius's to the Oscars this year LOL

Did you hear the idiot President of Toyota, "we will fix problem condition on our cars, we sorry!"

Go jump jump on a sword, will ya pal, you companies stooges covered this up for years. Now your getting egg on your face.

If this was a Big 3 they would be saying, oh it is Detroit what do ya expect.

Oh their going to have a "Committee" fix this LOL No mention of terminating the people who covered these safety defects up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back