URGENT TV ALERT! - Extended OCIs on MotorWeek

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw the episode and all I can say is holy ugly!!! When are they going to start firing people at Mitsubishi?? That spider looks so absolutely horrible. The majority of vehicles they sell now look like total dogcrap.

Pat Goss is a BG sucker. He has posted in various internet (automotive) Q&A sites that a transmission fluid exchange (w/o additives) or a drain/refill will do your transmission no good at all, and that the BG Transmission Flush (w/additives) is the only way to go.
rolleyes.gif

The show looked more like an advertisement to me. Actually, the whole presentation seemed ill prepared, like he just read the labels on the box and told us what the labels said.

sleeping.gif
I want those three minutes of my life back.

I thought his segement was a commercial advertisment. He talks very slow and I always wonder if I tuned into a kid's program.

I have only seen the show on SpeedChannel. I used to watch PBS and donate $1,000 a year from my business. At a local charity dinner one of the PBS people got seated at our table. He thanked me for past donations. I then told him that I did not donate this year because of personal health problems. He said that people that don't donate money to PBS should not watch the shows. So, for the past 15 years I never watched another show and never again donated again. It's hard to deal with people that are so much more important than you are.

Surprising that he did not mention some miracle product like bg 666k325,which actually reverses engine wear and increases compression.Fixes everything from random misfire codes to leaky radiators,for the low low price of 32.50 a pint.If you do all the maintanence Goss pushes on his shows,your car will still be worth the same when you decide to trade it in,and the 5k you spent in maintenance will be a waste.I wish pat goss would drink two quarts of 44k and ****.Hopefully he will move in with the guys from two guys garage and they can all become life partners.

Surprising that he did not mention some miracle product like bg 666k325,which actually reverses engine wear and increases compression.Fixes everything from random misfire codes to leaky radiators,for the low low price of 32.50 a pint.If you do all the maintanence Goss pushes on his shows,your car will still be worth the same when you decide to trade it in,and the 5k you spent in maintenance will be a waste.I wish pat goss would drink two quarts of 44k and ****.Hopefully he will move in with the guys from two guys garage and they can all become life partners.

quote:

Originally posted by biomed_eng_2000:
In order for your product to be on a show like "2 guys", you have to pay them. If you give them a call, they will email you or send you a rate card. Fact.

Sure. They're nothing but feature length commercials just like Transformer® or G.I. Joe® cartoons
dunno.gif

quote:

In order for your product to be on a show like "2 guys", you have to pay them. If you give them a call, they will email you or send you a rate card. Fact.

It is important to remember what you said when watching programs like this. They exist to sell products, but are presented as if they are in the information business.

A couple of years ago, we were contacted by a tv production company that wanted to do a 'shoot' in our shop. We though it might be a good idea but did not know about the hook. When told what it would cost, we found out that we really did not have the time.

OriginHacker21,

I got 8.5k on my Amsoil in a 2003 GMC Truck (I use it as a Truck) and I plan on going to 10k on it with the M1 EP Oil Filter.

But am getting a little nervous
shocked.gif
- bet I only make it to 9k...

Keep it in there - my Engine runs-sounds-feels good on the Amsoil (come on, you can do it - it won't hurt tooooooo bad...)

cheers.gif

Just a couple of points from above

I do not know about their miracle product but we have started using some of the BG product in my deealership (mainly the fuel injector/intake cleaner) and I can say I am actually impressed by its performance. There are even numerous Import manufacturers now recommending BG's mainline products as they have been proven effective (Mainly cleaners, decarbonizers fuel and oil).

44K has been good at helping with sulfer issues we have been having with fuel. (Sulfer reacts with the silver in the fuel sender and give erroneous readings)

The point with BG Flush (Heck even MOC or others) is just to get most of the fluid changed especially in some of the new non-servicable transmissions). If have dirty oil in your engine that needs to be changed are you gonna change 3 quarts in you 6 quart system or all 6. Now why should this be different for your transmission?

Saw that 2 Guys Garage thing and just laughed. It was a pointless waste of time.

When I went to school (UTI) they actually dynoed the Tornado and it consistantly gave 2-3 HP. It just would not stay in place in the intake over the course of a couple of weeks. One went as far as getting stuck in the butterfly of the throttlebody.

My rail isnt against BG.I have used some of their products and they arent bad,although the motor oil flush is the dumbest thing I have ever heard of.I do a lot of trans flushes,I also put in a lot of transmissions.I dont think they are really worth doing.Stirring up all the sediment in your trans is a quick way to schedule an appointment for me to install your new trans.I personally pull the cooler line ,run it till it stops,then drop the pan.I get enough fluid out to make me sleep well at night.My rant was against hucksters like pat goss,who claims he can listen to your syptoms and diagnose your car.One can of BG isnt going to perform miracles.It might clean you fuel system,but thats about it.But he pushes it for everything.Two guys are a joke.I wouldnt be surprised to see them hucking stay free pads in the future.And I am sure the tornado worked on one car.I have a toyota that runs incredible on splitfire plugs.No other vehicle I have ever used them on made a difference,but thats all I put in the toy.Go figure.

A while back, Pat Goss had a new Mercedes. He ran Mobil 1 (which he sells a lot of in his shop) for 12 or 15,00o miles while watching the oil change indicator. Sent samples to 2 different labs. Both reports came back, saying oil was still suitable for continued use.
Based on that, he said he was extending his drains out to 5,000 miles with Mobil 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back