Uptick in colds?

The boomer generation grew up playing in the dirt and the streets. We drank from the garden hose. We all had measles, mumps and chickenpox. So our immunity was tested constantly. Military barracks or having a few dozen sailors or marines bunked in a small berthing area was a test but we were trained to be clean and orderly.

I don’t recall being sick all that much growing up despite all of the above. What I do notice these days is a timid society getting scared at every sneeze and cough.
We’ve allowed “public” (read: government) schools to teach our kids to be scaredy-cat 🐈 instead of vibrant, courageous human beings who have morals and ethics and stand up to criminals wrongly in positions of authority. It’s gonna be a long, hard road out of this 💩 hole.

I went 6 years without getting a cold. Rarely sick. Last 6 months I've had 3. ......

I am the opposite..... Since I battled COVID and survived, I haven't had a single COLD in over two years.

Now, maybe it is because I have stayed on a Quercitin/Zinc regime

Matter of fact, when the wife came down with her second round of COVID (tested positive), I promptly choked down some horse medicine and I didn't even get a sniffle.

100% masks, they work, as you said N95 is the way to go. People in Japan / Korea wear them out of courtesy when they are sick, we should too. My Doctor told me on my physical last year that he saw literally 1 case of the regular flu.
I recall taking a train in Japan in 1986 and the Japanese fellow I was travelling mentioned this when I asked him why some people were wearing masks. He also mentioned that to some it was a badge of honour showing they were going to work even if they were sick. ( in before the lock :D )

I must be doing something right. Just spent a three day torture session going from Chicago to Denver on a 30 hr packed train ride. Then sitting outside in the rain soaked to the socks and 48F watching a graduation, then crowded in airplanes, sleeping in airport overnight in Dallas to get home. Not even a sniffle....

I recall taking a train in Japan in 1986 and the Japanese fellow I was travelling mentioned this when I asked him why some people were wearing masks. He also mentioned that to some it was a badge of honour showing they were going to work even if they were sick. ( in before the lock :D )

Another purpose for the masks in Asian cities is avoiding breathing in smoggy air.

I would bet many of those "colds" are actually allergy related.
Yeah I'm told for every ache and pain it's "allergies". Apparently, it's a female thing as they like to say that.

In all seriousness though, during this time of year it often is. There are overlapping symptoms.

The boomer generation grew up playing in the dirt and the streets. We drank from the garden hose. We all had measles, mumps and chickenpox. So our immunity was tested constantly. Military barracks or having a few dozen sailors or marines bunked in a small berthing area was a test but we were trained to be clean and orderly.

I don’t recall being sick all that much growing up despite all of the above. What I do notice these days is a timid society getting scared at every sneeze and cough.
Yep, back in the day we spent most of our days outside and we did drink from the garden hose. We walked to school, maybe a mile, and we spent a lot of our time outside of school playing with many other kids. Of course we got into fights once in a while, but they were mostly grappling and both parties got over it quickly, forgiven and forgotten. Nobody went and grabbed a gun to make up for any perceived slight and we were of course not glued to our phones since these devices didn't exist.
It was a different world and a lot more innocent.
Today, parents fear for their children's safety whenever they are unsupervised so opportunities for spontaneous play are greatly reduced.
The question is what happens to those who grow up in a highly structured environment when they are finally out on their own without the skills we in earlier generations learned when left to our own devices to learn and grow as well as to develop resistance to many viral infections?

Today, parents fear for their children's safety whenever they are unsupervised so opportunities for spontaneous play are greatly reduced.
The question is what happens to those who grow up in a highly structured environment when they are finally out on their own without the skills we in earlier generations learned when left to our own devices to learn and grow as well as to develop resistance to many viral infections?

It’s been obvious for some time now. Younger people walk around in a drone-like state. Communication is frustrating and especially if you have a problem. Life is supposed to be perfect.

Look at the kids that get off the school bus to climb into a parents vehicle just to travel a few hundred feet. Somewhere along the way a huge disconnect happened.

I am the opposite..... Since I battled COVID and survived, I haven't had a single COLD in over two years.

Now, maybe it is because I have stayed on a Quercitin/Zinc regime

Matter of fact, when the wife came down with her second round of COVID (tested positive), I promptly choked down some horse medicine and I didn't even get a sniffle.

Not even a sniffle? Bet you have had a craving for a bucket of oats...

Is it possible the isolation brought immunity down and now has to build back up.

I have no idea. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Wait a minute, weren’t there people back 2 years ago opposing the lockdowns specifically saying this would happen and that we should keep everything open to build up natural immunity?

Nah, we would not do such a thing. We follow the science don’t we?

Wait a minute, weren’t there people back 2 years ago opposing the lockdowns specifically saying this would happen and that we should keep everything open to build up natural immunity?

Nah, we would not do such a thing. We follow the science don’t we?
Pay no attention to common sense and everything we have been taught for years and our experiences..., just listen to what we tell you now even though it makes no sense. Oh and by the way we will ridicule you and maybe even fire you if you speak about this.

Masks are primarily to keep you from spreading your viruses to others, not to keep you from catching a virus.

With everyone masking and reduced social contact, I have been cold free for the last three years, unusually long for me. But now that masks are optional and mostly not used, I expect to catch one sooner or later.

Ahh no….

Guess why I wore a N95 only one time when I worked in a hospital???

To try to keep ME from catching a potential airborne virus from one patient….

And masks don’t work all that great with normal exhaled aerosolized droplets.
Based upon my own extensive research.

The average human being produces 250,000 to 700,000 every minute we breathe… Yep… It’s a whole lot… The vast majority of which are smaller than 5 microns. A great many of them in fact smaller than 1 micron.

Now if we are thinking about coughing or sneezing droplets…. Then yes… A mask can be very helpful in that circumstance. The size of those are typically 40 to 120 microns in size.. The human eye can see 70 micron sized droplets.

And if it only takes 300 to 3,000 virons to cause a infection in another person and we all produce 250,000 to 700,000 per minute breathing … Then what beta ratio and at what micron size virons must be kept from breathing in ??? Beta ratio at 500 at say 1 micron??? By the way testing of legitimate N95 did have a beta ratio of almost 200 at 0.3 microns. And how long are those exhaled aerosolized droplets viable in a particular atmospheric conditions ??? How many millions of them are still in the air ??

By the way … Aerosolized droplets settling to the ground is a part of Brownian motion theory that was advanced further by no other than Albert Einstein…

Masks attempt to work by 5 different ways…You Look up what they are. I’ll give you one way which is gravitational inertia… You look up the other 4 ways.

But NONE of that takes in to account for…. Leakage… Which will happen… Guaranteed… And air flow and differential pressure dictates once a leak is there… The mask is compromised and air will flood through that location…. Whether it’s your along your nose or along your jaw line or cheek line …

You do the math… I did… Told my own 70 plus year old mom that it would be very, very difficult to not catch certain viruses if they were spread by exhaled aerosolized droplets.

There is a reason why those people who went back into a particular mine a good number of years ago were wearing complete body suits and a totally self contained respirator system. Basically a hazmat suit… By the way that story was from the London Times and surprisingly The Huffington Post… Quite fascinating reading all I can say about that.

They weren’t wearing a N95 or P100 mask… Or a dumb “face covering”.

Which a “ face covering” is beyond worthless…When a former leader in my state stated a “ face covering” was all that was needed… I knew that it was all complete garbage.

Last edited:
In all honesty… it’s fairly well proven that over-sanitization can result in a weaker immune system, because it’s not seeing bacteria and viruses even on the low level, and your immune system essentially becomes complacent, remaining wide open to an attack when there’s some “new” pathogen you’re exposed to.

You may have better luck eating some oranges and other foods with natural vitamin C, and getting at least 15-20 minutes of direct sunlight exposure every day to boost your vitamin D.

Think of it this way: it’s better to boost your body’s own defense against ALL illness rather than only killing off the germs closest to you.
Yup, and tied in with that, studies are now showing that children who play outside in dirt are significantly healthier (stronger immune system, fewer allergies) than those who are raised in more sterile environments.

I did EXTENSIVE research into a whole lot of that stuff guys…

It was sobering and candidly spooky at times.

It also surprised me what results happened and there were times the research paper results came from a totally unexpected angle.

I’ll give you all one HUGE example of this…

A research study done in Israel showed that people who had formed antibodies to their body’s own Annexin A-2 had far, far more serious and deadly outcomes versus those people who’s body’s had not done that. This process typically started after day 5-6 with that illness.

Annexin A-2 is a phospholipid which maintains the lungs vascular structure and keeps the blood thinner within that structure.

Well, when people got very sick and their body’s own immune system starting attacking and forming antibodies against their own body’s Annexin A-2 it caused…. Stasis of their blood within their respiratory structure and that lead to lower and lower oxygen and carbon dioxide transfer… Which obviously led to higher and difficulty breathing… Then it continued to where the person needed oxygen mask and then eventually them being to be on a ventilator…

This is why people who received IV steroids and low weight molecular heparin if they got severe enough.

Here is a kicker…. It was found that a certain medication that had long been used for other conditions was found to be very helpful. But not in the way the researchers thought or expected… This other anti inflammatory and anti viral drug actually helped thin the blood within the lung structure… Which aided in better oxygen and carbon dioxide transfer within that respiratory structure.

It wasn’t the anti viral part of the drug that helped… It was the fact that this medication was offsetting the body’s immune system attack on the patients own Annexin A-2 … By working in synergy with low weight molecular heparin to start the process of thinning the blood within a patient’s lung structure. That helped REVERSE that process therefore leading people to improve quite dramatically at times.

I read a report myself from MCV in Richmond that was quite shocking how well a patient with a SERIOUS respiratory history and age turned around almost 180 degrees in a matter of a few days after starting a certain protocol. Which included that medication.

That research paper that I read from Israel made that whole circumstance make a whole lot more sense and understandable.

It is also why I told people I knew that if they got sick to have a antibody test for antibodies to their own Annexin A-2 be performed… It was a clear marker of potential big trouble if the were to haves tested positive for those antibodies in their blood. Which meant a strong uptake in the course of treatment was likely needed to keep them in a better physical state.

Yep, back in the day we spent most of our days outside and we did drink from the garden hose. We walked to school, maybe a mile, and we spent a lot of our time outside of school playing with many other kids. Of course we got into fights once in a while, but they were mostly grappling and both parties got over it quickly, forgiven and forgotten. Nobody went and grabbed a gun to make up for any perceived slight and we were of course not glued to our phones since these devices didn't exist.
It was a different world and a lot more innocent.
In the words of Jordan Peterson “don’t interfere when your kids are doing dangerous things carefully.”

Back