I Survived Covid-19!

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 confirmed reinfections worldwide, according to the WHO. Out of over 51 million cases. He may not be "immune" to it, but he's got a 99.9999997% chance of never catching it again. Good odds, I'd say.
He has antibodies for sure.

Glad you pulled through, BlueOval. Care to share any more details about yourself? Age, pre-existing conditions?

My aunt who has covid pneumonia is currently receiving treatment from survivor plasma.

I can guarantee you that this would be appreciated.

Watch out for long term symptoms.

Good your immune system. If they collect survivor plasma in your area consider donating, your immune system could save someone else.

Rod

Glad you came through it o.k. Blue, though it did sound pretty rough. My 27 year old daughter-in-law had it in June, confirmed with a test. She had a high fever for eight days, says she still feels 'wiped out', and has no sense of smell or taste. But she is back to work and life is mostly back to normal for her and my son. My son had mild symptoms for a week or so, and quarantined with her for two weeks.

So glad to here you are recovering,I had a co-worker get covid and he and family have fully recovered no side effects after 2 weeks.

A coworker is in the fight of his life right now with it. They still don’t know if he will make it. My boss and his wife are in quarantine for the next couple weeks and our GM/VP and wife just got out of quarantine. We are restricted to break downs only to enter another department, no machine maintenance is allowed unless absolutely required to maintain production. It’s really starting to hit our small town hard now.

3 confirmed reinfections worldwide, according to the WHO. Out of over 51 million cases. He may not be "immune" to it, but he's got a 99.9999997% chance of never catching it again. Good odds, I'd say.
It's much more than that right now. I mean, I personally know of one guy: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...as-been-re-infected-by-covid-19-idUSKBN2761E3

Yes, it's still very rare--but reinfection with viruses in general is quite common. The question is "how long does relative immunity last". No one knows. 3 has become about 30 (documented) reinfections so far--but as people get to 6-9 months out from infection, I expected that the numbers will start spiking exponentially.

Point being, I wouldn't assume 6-9 months after getting the Rona that you're in the clear.

My oldest sister had it back in early May. She still has no sense of taste or smell. Apparently her balance has been effected as well.

No one can say when or if any of those will ever get back to normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back