I Survived Covid-19!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was released from my local hospital this morning at about 7:30 AM CST.
On Thursday evening 11/12/2020 at about 8:30 PM I started coughing real bad, my chest was tight, and I started getting a fever. Earlier that day I felt as if I was getting a sore throat. I drove myself to the hospital at about 10:00 PM and went straight to the emergency room. Thank God there was no one in there. They took me back and did a nose swab with a long Q-Tip and started me on oxygen and an IV. I must have passed out because when I awoke I was in a sealed off room in a bubble.
Long story short, I was diagnosed with Covid-19. I don't remember much because I was in and out of consciousness most of the time. My Drs. visited me this past Saturday and said I was doing very well. I asked to go home and they told me maybe Monday.
So, here I am, a survivor of the Covid-19 epidemic. People, WEAR YOUR MASK! I have such a strong immune system is why I kicked it so fast. Well, that's what my Drs. told me anyway. TRUST ME, you DON'T want to catch it! Especially if you have a weak immune system!

Watch out for long term symptoms.

Good your immune system. If they collect survivor plasma in your area consider donating, your immune system could save someone else.

Rod

Glade you made it. Unfortunately we made wearing a mask a political issue. Sad and pathetic. Embarrassing. But I'm glad you're doing well. This virus can be mild to severe and in some cases, give people long term side effects.

It's going to be a LONG winter. 😩

Good to hear your out and doing OK. A sore throat is not usually a symptom associated with covid19.

I am getting a MMR II vaccine today to help fight off any covid19 virus.

Good to hear your out and doing OK. A sore throat is not usually a symptom associated with covid19.

I am getting a MMR II vaccine today to help fight off any covid19 virus.
They were injecting some kind of Covid medicine into my IV. I noticed that my symptoms were easing up a few hours after each injection. My Drs. said coughing and sneezing, along with a fever, are ALL signs of the Covid-19.

Yours is an atypical response, everyone I know that has had it and recovered (including myself) has had mild symptoms. About half have lost their sense of taste and smell (I did not) but I did have mild respiratory problems. The symptoms are quite varied, not everyone gets coughing, sneezing nor a fever.

At least you're immune now.

Last edited:
They were injecting some kind of Covid medicine into my IV. I noticed that my symptoms were easing up a few hours after each injection. My Drs. said coughing and sneezing, along with a fever, are ALL signs of the Covid-19.

Your Dr is correct. Did you lose a sense of smell? Peppermint?

My point only was a sore throat is NOT typically a symptom.

I did run a fever for a few hours this spring, and lost the ability to taste spice stuff for a few weeks weeks.. My GF complained, to the point of I had to cook whiteout seasoning and add to mine when I ate it. I went thru an entire bottle of Tabasco. I thought it was a bad year and mine was just weak. I did have a lot of residual tiredness (or just lazy). Finally feeling myself now.
Rod

Yours is a very atypical response, everyone I know that has had it and recovered (including myself) has had very mild symptoms. About half have lost their sense of taste and smell (I did not) but I did have mild respiratory problems. The symptoms are quite varied, not everyone gets coughing, sneezing nor a fever.

At least you're immune now.
The thing that scared me the most was my chest being so tight that I could barely breathe. That, and going in and out of consciousness. I was in a plastic bubble for 9 days. That was VERY weird!
My son took off of work for a week to stay with me. But, he wasn't allowed in my room. The Drs. and nurses were dressed in MOPP GEAR 4 (Military persons know what this is).

Woohoo!!!!

I have heard it first hand (wife) who works in hospital as frontline physical therapist in a hotspot it is rough for the ones she sees. She has been exposed 4 times over not suited properly at time but escaped it.

So glad you pulled thru!!!!!

Last edited:
I'm glad you made it buddy! MOPP GEAR can have a strong physiological affect on you. Be diligent and keep strong!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back