Ugly brown Michelin tires 🤬

This one is my go-to.

It does say "Protectant."

06679dac-a10e-4790-a312-fdb7ee5ef4e4.8cf1090f1b89900e770bbcd29e72c12b.jpeg

THIS ^^^^^^ The Michelin tires I currently have on my 3500HD do the same thing but not nearly as bad as the LTX I had on my 2005. After I clean the truck I spray the tires with Armor all in the spray can. No wiping needed and it keeps the brown look from coming back for a while. Its just what Michelins do.

My 8 year old Michelin LTX tires on my '02 Trailblazer show some browning, but that's much better than the dried out cracks after 4 years in the BF Goodrich's they replaced.

I’ve found that using the same soap you use to wash your car does a good job. It takes time but it stops eventually.

I had brown tires once, BF Goodrich Rugged Trails. They showed up with blueish-white mold release all over them, and when I finally got that off they turned brown. The brown did eventually go away. If Bleche-Wyte won't take it off, you should probably stop trying to get it off. 😁

I've been missing out on the brown tire experience. Early automotive tires were off-white. I bet they became discolored even faster than black tires. I had white tires on my BMX bike when I was a kid. I don't remember any sleepless nights over unsightly tires. 🤷‍♂️

Your tires are blooming. It is the anitozonant that protects the tire from dry rotting. You mentioned you're against a tire dressing but that is the only thing that works. I dont like the wet look on tires and use a low gloss matte finish and apply very lightly to cover up the brown.
Correct, typical of Michelins

Looks great on the 2021 truck. :rolleyes: This is after scrubbing with car wash soap then Bleche-Wite. Sounds like the choices are be happy it matches the paint and live with it or pick a dressing/protectant. Not apologizing for wanting my vehicles to look good. If this were Vladiator's new 1990 GMC sure who cares but it's not, heck look how good the tires look on his beater truck. Anyway thanks for the help and replies.
browntire.jpg

We went to southern Utah camping and had 3 of these. Paid $5.10 for 85 octane in Utah. Shocking.
fillup.jpg

Looks great on the 2021 truck. :rolleyes: This is after scrubbing with car wash soap then Bleche-Wite. Sounds like the choices are be happy it matches the paint and live with it or pick a dressing/protectant. Not apologizing for wanting my vehicles to look good. If this were Vladiator's new 1990 GMC sure who cares but it's not, heck look how good the tires look on his beater truck. Anyway thanks for the help and replies.
View attachment 103757
We went to southern Utah camping and had 3 of these. Paid $5.10 for 85 octane in Utah. Shocking.
View attachment 103767
Doesn't bother me on the SRT, lol

Different strokes I guess ;)

8AD114E7-5B21-4A5B-BBE9-89FEC3B4D20F_1_105_c.jpeg

Being a Zonie myself and know about the brown, I use 303 Protectant. Spray on and after a few, wipe off until dry. Doesn't give a shine, but makes it look like natural black rubber tires. I bought a gallon to refill a spray bottle to save a bit.

Back